Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics
The military said reviews of 150 incidents found reasonable suspicion in two cases and no basis for probes in three aid-worker killings.
- The Israeli military announced on August 19, 2026, that it has opened criminal investigations into the high-profile killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab, six of her family members, and two Red Crescent paramedics who were dispatched to rescue her.
- In its statement, the military acknowledged for the first time that Israeli troops fired upon the civilian vehicle carrying Rajab and her relatives in Gaza City in January 2024, and later shelled the arriving Red Crescent ambulance.
- The military also launched a separate criminal probe into the killings of 15 Palestinian paramedics and emergency workers whose marked rescue vehicles came under fire in the southern Gaza region.
- Concurrent review findings led the military to decline criminal investigations into three other high-profile attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders, citing a lack of reasonable suspicion of criminal misconduct.
- Family members of the victims, human rights organizations, and international legal groups expressed skepticism over the move, dismissing the internal military probes as insufficient and calling for an independent international inquiry.
218 Articles
218 Articles
On Wednesday, 19 August, the Israeli army announced the opening of a criminal investigation into the death of five-year-old Hind Rajab, who had been killed in Gaza in 2024. The girl had desperately called for help from the Palestinian Red Crescent, but the two paramedics who had come to her aid had also been killed. Three other cases, called "exceptional incidents during the fighting", are also concerned with the opening of criminal investigatio…
Israel opens criminal investigation into Hind Rajab’s death
Israel's military has confirmed that it opened fire on a car carrying 5-year-old Hind Rajab, who was left trapped for hours, begging for help, her relatives lying dead around her, back in 2024 in the war in Gaza.
The Israeli army admitted on Wednesday that its troops had opened fire on Hind Rajab's car, which was killed five years ago in Gaza in 2024, and announced the opening of a criminal investigation, following preliminary investigations into this case. ...
Israel opens criminal probes over killing of 5-year-old girl
srael’s military will open internal investigations over its troops’ high-profile killings in Gaza of 5-year-old Palestinian girl Hind Rajab in January 2024 and 15 emergency and aid workers in March 2025, it said on Wednesday, although rights groups said such probes rarely lead to convictions. The military said the investigation decisions followed probes by its […]
Israel's military to investigate Gaza attacks, and other major developments in the Middle East
The Israeli military plans a criminal investigation into the killings of a 5-year-old Palestinian girl and her family, as well as 15 paramedics in Gaza. Wednesday's decision follows reviews of 150 incidents of troop conduct during the Gaza war. Meanwhile,…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





































