Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Trump Says US Open to 20-Year Iran Nuclear Freeze if Commitment Is ‘Real’

Trump said Iran could suspend enrichment for 20 years if the commitment is real, while the White House said talks also covered keeping the Strait of Hormuz open.

  • President Donald Trump returned from China on Friday and suggested he is open to Iran suspending its enrichment program for 20 years, provided the deal represents a real commitment.
  • The US and China reached consensus that the Strait of Hormuz must remain open and Iran must not possess nuclear weapons, aligning with Trump's declaration last month seeking a "permanent" deal.
  • In a post on Truth Social, Trump claimed that "80%" of Iran's missiles were destroyed, describing the "military decimation of Iran" as an achievement and adding the effort is "To be continued."
  • Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi labeled contradictory US statements the "main problem" in negotiations, while Secretary of State Marco Rubio contradicted Trump's claim that China offered assistance.
  • Trump told Fox News he is "not going to be much more patient" regarding Iran, yet uncertainty remains whether the Beijing visit will lead him to resume military action.
Insights by Ground AI

14 Articles

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 60% of the sources lean Right
60% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

סרוגים broke the news on Friday, May 15, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal