Israeli strikes in Lebanon kill at least 12 people, intensifying rising regional tensions
Israeli airstrikes targeted Hezbollah and Hamas command centers in Lebanon, killing at least 12 and wounding over 30, risking the fragile US-brokered ceasefire from 2024.
- On Friday, Israeli strikes killed at least 10 people and wounded 50 in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley and other areas, marking some of the deadliest attacks in recent weeks.
- The Israel Defense Forces said it struck Hezbollah command centres in the Baalbek area to hit weapons storage and disrupt attacks, framing the raids as responses to repeated ceasefire violations and targeting Hamas operatives.
- In Ain al-Hilweh, a strike killed two people near Sidon on Friday, Hamas said two members died but rejected the claim a command centre was hit, calling it a "flimsy pretext".
- A Hezbollah source said a senior official was killed, and Lebanon's government filed a UN complaint last month as leaders warned broader strikes risk destabilisation amid US threats to Iran.
- The UN noted more than 10,000 attacks since the truce, and the IDF reports over 1,200 raids striking hundreds of Hezbollah sites, while the UN rights office verified at least 108 civilian casualties last year.
79 Articles
79 Articles
At Least 12 Killed in Israeli Strikes on Hezbollah Command Centres in Lebanon
Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. The strikes were among the deadliest since the November 2024 US-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon World News | At Least 12 Killed in Israeli Strikes on Hezbollah Command Centres in Lebanon.
Israeli latest attacks kill at least 12 people, injure dozens across Lebanon
At least 12 people were killed and more than 30 injured, according to Lebanon’s National News Agency, after a new Israeli violation saw airstrikes hit Baalbek in eastern Lebanon, escalating tensions despite a fragile ceasefire. An Israeli airstrike struck a building in the town of Riyaq in the Baalbek district, completely destroying it and trapping […] The post Israeli latest attacks kill at least 12 people, injure dozens across Lebanon appeared…
Israel launched an attack on the area of the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon.After this, at least 10 people died and 24 were injured, including three minors, according to the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health, this Friday.From the Hezbollah military group, they told the Agence France Presse that one of their commanders would also have died in this attack.In addition, the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health said that at least two people died in another I…
Israeli air strikes in eastern and southern Lebanon killed at least 12 people on Friday, the Lebanese Health Ministry said, with the Israeli military saying it targeted command centers of Hezbollah and its Palestinian ally Hamas, AFP reported.
Iran condemns Israeli atrocities, ceasefire violations in southern Lebanon
Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has condemned Israeli atrocities in southern Lebanon in the past day and night and its continuation of violating the ceasefire with Hezbollah.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






























