Vance dismisses ‘conflict’ with Rubio after Munich fuels 2028 chatter
Vice President JD Vance dismissed reports of tension with Secretary of State Marco Rubio as speculation grows about their potential 2028 presidential ticket partnership.
- On Tuesday, Vice President JD Vance denied tension with Secretary of State Marco Rubio, calling him his closest friend and saying he focuses on finishing his vice presidential term.
- Earlier this month, Vice President JD Vance denied tension with Marco Rubio amid speculation, citing their praise at Munich and recent travels.
- Vance boosted Rubio's speech on social media by sharing the State Department video and urged followers to watch it, while reporters pressed him on TV and he denied any media-created conflict.
- The Republican establishment views Vance as the likely 2028 nominee, with analysts including Scott Jennings emphasizing his frontrunner status, despite Vance's denial of tension with Rubio.
- Some commentators still imagine the pair could form a powerful ticket as President Donald Trump has repeatedly declined to endorse a 2028 candidate while praising both men.
10 Articles
10 Articles
U.S. Vice-President JD Vance said there was no "no conflict" between him and the head of Marco Rubio's diplomat, presented as a possible rival to the future presidential elections. In an interview at Fox News television station, Vance was also asked about his presidential ambitions.
US Vice President JD Vance has rejected suspicions about tensions between him and US Secretary of State Marco Rubio against the background of a possible competition in the presidential election of 2028. "I find it so interesting that the media want to create a conflict where there is simply no conflict," said Vance on Tuesday to the US broadcaster Fox News. Neither Vance nor Rubio have announced a candidacy, but both are regarded by US media as …
The American vice president states that "there is no conflict" with the Secretary of State and avoids answering whether he will run in the next presidential election.
Vance denies split with Rubio amid 2028 election rumors: 'My closest friend'
Vice President JD Vance denied on Tuesday that there is tension between himself and Secretary of State Marco Rubio as both men are eyed as possible 2028 presidential rivals. Vance described Rubio as “my closest friend” in the Trump administration, and said he was focused on filling out the remainder of his vice presidential term, as opposed to crafting a 2028 campaign. “I think it’s so interesting the media wants to create this conflict where t…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium









