Published • loading... • Updated
US trade chief says no countries have said they will withdraw from tariff deals
None of the countries with U.S. trade deals plan to withdraw after the Supreme Court struck down Trump’s tariff program, while the administration raises temporary tariffs to 15%.
- On Feb 22, 2026, U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer said none of the countries with U.S. trade deals planned to withdraw, noting `I haven't heard anyone yet come to me and say the deal is off`.
- The court decision prompted a temporary tariff increase to 15% after the Supreme Court struck down the previous tariff program and Trump imposed a 10% tariff on Friday, then raised it on Saturday, reflecting `urgency of the situation`.
- Greer said the administration will rebuild trade policy using the Section 301 unfair practices statute and the Section 232 statute, with open investigations into Brazil and China and expected probes into industrial excess capacity and subsidized rice.
- With partners seeking clarity, European Commission demanded Washington stick to the U.S.-EU trade deal and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said tariff refunds will be decided by lower courts, taking weeks or months.
- Greer told CBS News' `Face the Nation` that the scheduled meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping remains focused on stability and he has spoken with his EU counterpart, emphasizing the meeting's purpose.
Insights by Ground AI
27 Articles
27 Articles
The US Trade Representative Jamieson Greer said on Sunday that he expected the US trade agreements with the European Union, China and other countries to continue despite the setback imposed on Friday by the Supreme Court on customs duties.
·Montreal, Canada
Read Full ArticleJamieson Greer said he had already spoken with his EU counterpart and would talk with the authorities of other countries.
·Brazil
Read Full ArticleUS trade chief says no countries have said they will withdraw from tariff deals
U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer on Sunday said none of the countries that had reached trade deals with the U.S. had indicated plans to withdraw following Friday's Supreme Court decision striking down a large swath of President Donald Trump's tariffs.
·United Kingdom
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources27
Leaning Left1Leaning Right9Center6Last UpdatedBias Distribution56% Right
Bias Distribution
- 56% of the sources lean Right
56% Right
C 38%
R 56%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















