U.S. prepares for new military strikes against Iran
Military and intelligence officials are on standby as Washington weighs strikes, while Iran reviews a U.S. offer and Pakistan relays the expected response.
- On Friday, the Trump administration prepared for a potential fresh round of military strikes against Iran, according to sources with direct knowledge of the planning, though no final decision had been reached by afternoon.
- Tehran is reviewing a final U.S. proposal transmitted Wednesday, while the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned further strikes could widen the conflict beyond the Middle East, promising "crushing blows & in places you cannot even imagine."
- Military readiness intensified as officials cancelled holiday plans and placed units on standby; House Republicans on Thursday abandoned an attempt to limit Trump's authority to conduct military operations against Iran.
- Trump returned to Washington on Friday, cancelling Memorial Day weekend plans in New Jersey and citing "circumstances pertaining to Government" that would keep him from attending his son's wedding.
- Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there had been "some progress" in negotiations with Iran, with Pakistan acting as intermediary, though the U.S. maintains a military "Plan B" if Iran refuses to "voluntarily reopen" the Strait of Hormuz.
16 Articles
16 Articles
US ‘preparing’ fresh wave of strikes on Iran as Donald Trump skips own son’s wedding
US officials are said to be preparing for a fresh wave of military strikes against Iran amid President Donald Trump's omission from his own son’s wedding. No final decision on launching military action had been taken as of Friday afternoon, though preparations were actively underway, CBS News have reported.Washington reportedly delivered what officials described as a "final offer" to Tehran on Wednesday, warning that rejecting the proposal could…
FT: "Expanded deployment even after ceasefire"... Military assets desperately needed for long-range bombing mobilized even during 'Great Fury'... Trump maintains stance that "military options are not ruled out." Airstrikes against Iran anticipated as signs detect that the U.S. has massed dozens of aerial refueling tankers at an Israeli airport.
"Fresh round of strikes": Trump's Major attack on Iran to declare victory
ALBAWABA - Frustration is growing inside the White House over the next phase of the battle with Iran, as diplomatic attempts fail to create a breakthrough and fears grow over the likelihood of a prolonged war...
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 67% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















