Trump will not sign order dismantling the Education Department today, official says
- The White House has canceled the expected executive order to dismantle the Department of Education, as multiple sources confirmed to ABC News.
- Education Secretary Linda McMahon acknowledged that Congress must approve any closure plans for the Department of Education, which would require 60 Senate votes.
- An education leader stated that the potential dismantling would harm public education funding, impacting high-need students relying on federal programs.
- White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt called the report of Trump's imminent signing of the order 'fake news,' confirming it will not happen today.
31 Articles
31 Articles
Video Trump won't sign executive order to dissolve Department of Education today: Sources
A draft of the executive order called on Education Secretary Linda McMahon to facilitate a department closure by taking all necessary steps "permitted by law," sources had earlier told ABC News.
White House confirms Trump will not sign order to abolish Department of Education today * WorldNetDaily * by WND Staff
March 6, 2025: 12:33 p.m.: White House confirms Trump will not sign order to abolish Department of Education today JUST IN: President Trump is NOT signing an Executive Order to abolish the federal department of education today. This was just announced by White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt. — Derrick Evans (@DerrickEvans4WV) March 6, 2025
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 75% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage