Eagles running back Saquon Barkley declines invitation to join Trump’s sports council
PHILADELPHIA COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, AUG 4 – Saquon Barkley declined the President's Council invitation due to NFL commitments despite being listed; the council aims to boost youth fitness amid a 42% national obesity rate, White House said.
- Saquon Barkley expressed surprise at being named to the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition, stating, 'I was definitely a little shocked.'
- Barkley declined the position due to other commitments, saying, 'My family thought it was probably in the best interest to not accept that.'
- Earlier this year, he informed his team about declining the opportunity to join the council, although he mentioned, 'I'm not really too familiar with it.'
- In response to criticism about his ties to Trump, Barkley remarked, 'Lol, some people are really upset because I played golf and flew to the White House with the President.
118 Articles
118 Articles
Saquon Barkley Declines Role in White House Fitness Initiative
Philadelphia Eagles star running back Saquon Barkley has respectfully declined an invitation to serve as a celebrity ambassador for President Donald Trump’s new national fitness program, the “President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition.” The White House initiative, aimed at promoting physical activity and wellness among American youth, has been actively recruiting high-profile athletes to […] The post Saquon Barkley Declines Role in White…
Seth Meyers Warns Saquon Barkley About 'Embarrassing' Trump Publicly: 'He's Going to Make You Secretary of Defense'
The White House said this week that Philadelphia Eagles player Saquon Barkley is part of the president’s council on sports, fitness and nutrition — although, the athlete himself says otherwise. So, on Tuesday night, Seth Meyers warned Barkley of the potential fallout from making that play. During his monologue, the NBC host joked about Trump reinstating the presidential fitness test in schools across the country, poking fun at the golf lover’s a…
With sporting events, it's easy to score points in the US, and President Donald Trump has quickly recognized this approach. Whether mixed martial arts, super bowl, football World Cup or even the Olympics: When it comes to promotion and spotlight, the 78-year-old blocks everyone out. For his policy, he also collects strong cancellations, now from NFL star Saquon Barkley.
Donald Trump called – and NFL star Saquon Barkley? He turned out his invitation. The 28-year-old was "shocked" when the US president named his name in connection with a new council for sports, fitness and nutrition. At the end of July, Trump had signed a decree to set up the Council for Sports, Fitness and Nutrition. He is said to belong to a number of well-known athletes who advise the US president and take care of the promotion of sports progr…
Saquon Barkley declines Trump invite to join sports council
Super Bowl champion Saquon Barkley said Monday he would not join President Trump’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition. “A couple months ago, it was brought to my team about the council. So, I’m not really too familiar with it,” Barkley said during a press conference. “I felt like I am going to be super busy,…
NFL star Saquon Barkley 'shocked' after Donald Trump names him in new council
NFL running back Saquon Barkley admitted he was stunned to be named as part of President Donald Trump’s new council. Barkley, 28, said he declined the offer made by the President earlier this year. GettySaquon Barkley was shocked to be named on President Donald Trump’s council[/caption] APTrump was flanked by Bryson DeChambeau and Triple H as he relaunched the Presidential Fitness Test[/caption] But the Philadelphia Eagles superstar was still na…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 63% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium