Domestic Battery Charge Against Ex-NFL Player Marcellus Wiley Dismissed in Orlando
Prosecutors said witness claims were not backed by physical evidence, leaving the case insufficient to support a conviction.
- On Monday, Florida prosecutors decided not to file domestic battery charges against former NFL player and sportscaster Marcellus Wiley, effectively ending the criminal case involving his estranged wife, Annemarie Wiley.
- Deputies initially arrested Wiley at the World Center Marriott on Saturday, July 4, but official filings indicate the case was dismissed because testimonial evidence was "not corroborated by any physical or other evidence."
- Following the arrest, a court issued a no-contact order prohibiting Wiley from being within 500 feet of Annemarie, while Wiley was released on a $1,000 bond and denied the allegations.
- Annemarie filed for divorce and requested custody of the couple's three children, alleging an "escalating pattern of physical violence, sexual abuse, verbal and emotional abuse" throughout their marriage.
- With the criminal records now cleared, the couple's separate divorce and custody proceedings remain ongoing, as Wiley previously wrote that his focus remains on protecting his children, his integrity, and the truth.
14 Articles
14 Articles
"Protect Real Victims": Marcellus Wiley Speaks Out After Prosecutors Drop Domestic Battery Case
Former Dallas Cowboys defensive end and prominent media broadcaster Marcellus Wiley was arrested over the 4th of July weekend at the Orlando World Center Marriott hotel in Florida, where Marcellus, his estranged wife Annemarie Wiley, and their children were staying. The Orange County Sheriff’s deputies made the arrest after receiving a domestic disturbance call. Now, over a month later, Wiley has been cleared of all the charges after Florida sta…
Ex-NFL Player Marcellus Wiley’s Domestic Violence Case With Estranged Wife Annemarie Wiley Is Dropped
Former NFL player Marcellus Wiley will not face domestic battery charges after an altercation with his estranged wife, Annemarie Wiley. According to court documents obtained by Us, Florida prosecutors chose not to file charges after testimonial evidence received was “not corroborated by any physical or other evidence and is therefore insufficient to obtain conviction.” “This […]
Marcellus Wiley issues brutal takedown of ex after prosecutors drop domestic violence case
Marcellus Wiley is no longer facing domestic violence charges in Florida, and to celebrate, he called his accuser and estranged wife a liar in a scathing statement.
Marcellus Wiley Avoids Domestic Battery Charges After July Arrest!
Prosecutors have declined to pursue domestic battery charges against former NFL star Marcellus Wiley following his arrest last month over an alleged altercation with his wife, Annemarie Wiley. The State of Florida decided yesterday not to file charges, according to court records. Prosecutors said testimony gathered in the investigation was “not corroborated by any physical or other evidence” and was therefore “insufficient to obtain conviction.”…
Former NFL Player’s Florida Domestic Violence Case Takes Unexpected Turn
Internewscast Journal Internewscast Marcellus Wiley will not be charged with domestic battery in Florida following… This Post: Former NFL Player’s Florida Domestic Violence Case Takes Unexpected Turn first appeared on Internewscast Journal
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













