Airstrike on Sagaing Monastery Kills at Least 23, Including Four Children
SAGAING AND MANDALAY REGIONS, MYANMAR, JUL 10 – Airstrikes by Myanmar's military junta targeted anti-junta strongholds, killing at least 28 displaced civilians in a monastery, with dozens more injured in ongoing conflict, local sources said.
- An airstrike on a Buddhist monastery in Myanmar killed at least 23 people, including four children, who were seeking shelter, according to a member of a resistance group.
- The attack occurred around 1 a.m. in Lin Ta Lu village and injured about 30 others, including 10 in critical condition, as reported by The Associated Press.
- Myanmar is experiencing ongoing turmoil since the military took power in February 2021, resulting in a civil war and increased airstrikes against opposition forces.
- Nay Phone Latt, a spokesperson for the opposition's National Unity Government, stated that the military aims to retake resistance areas ahead of an upcoming general election.
63 Articles
63 Articles
At least 23 people have been killed and 30 injured in a bombing at a Buddhist monastery in central Myanmar. Sources at the AP news agency say 10 of them are in critical condition. Fighting has been raging for several weeks between resistance groups and government forces in the area west of Mandalay. The army is using tanks and aircraft to try to retake territory previously captured by the resistance. A member of that resistance told the AP news …
Myanmar air strike kills 22, including children, at monastery sheltering displaced civilians
BANGKOK, July 12 — More than 20 civilians, including children, were killed after a recent air strike on a monastery in central Myanmar, an anti-junta fighter and a resident told AFP today. Myanmar has been consumed by civil war since the military ousted a democratic government in 2021, and central Sagaing region has been particularly hard-hit, with the junta pummelling villages with air strikes targeting armed groups. The most recent occurred ar…
20, including children, killed in Myanmar air strike on monastery: Report
A local resident confirmed that the monastery hall was "completely destroyed", adding that he saw some bodies loaded into a car and transported to a cemetery at dawn on Friday after the air strike
More than 20 civilians killed in Myanmar air strike on monastery:
BANGKOK: More than 20 civilians, including children, were killed after a recent air strike on a monastery in central Myanmar, an anti-junta fighter and a resident said Saturday. Myanmar has been consumed by civil war since the military ousted a democratic government in 2021, and central Sagaing region has been particularly hard-hit, with the junta pummeling villages with air
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 35% of the sources lean Left, 35% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium