Published 2 days ago • loading... • Updated 9 hours ago
Gillian Anderson Reveals Why Sony Pulled Out of 'The Salt Path'
Gillian Anderson said the claims felt like a betrayal after The Observer questioned the memoir’s account, which had sold 2 million copies before the film’s release.
Gillian Anderson revealed that Sony withdrew from a North American distribution deal for 'The Salt Path' after allegations questioned the memoir's accuracy.
Last year, 'The Observer' reported that key elements of Raynor Winn and Moth Winn's memoir were misrepresented, citing embezzlement claims and questioning the husband's terminal illness diagnosis.
Anderson, who stars alongside Jason Isaacs, described the situation as a "huge letdown" and said she felt "betrayed" after spending time with the memoir's authors.
Despite Sony's exit, Rialto Distribution International has secured the North American release, with the film scheduled for United States cinemas on August 28.
Winn has denied the allegations, calling the investigation "grotesquely unfair" and "highly misleading," while maintaining the memoir remains a valid account of their experiences.