Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

French FM Urged to Retract Remarks Against Albanese

A coalition of 151 former diplomats and a UN expert panel condemned French Foreign Minister Barrot for citing manipulated remarks to demand a UN rapporteur's resignation.

  • On Wednesday, a coalition of 151 former ministers, ambassadors and diplomats accused French foreign minister Jean‑Noël Barrot of spreading disinformation and demanded a correction to his comments.
  • EU foreign ministers demanded Albanese's resignation after an edited clip circulated, with Barrot citing it on 11 February, and lawyers filed a report last week.
  • Albanese said in her full speech on 7 February that `We now see that we as a humanity have a common enemy…`, clarifying she referred to the system enabling genocide in Palestine, not Israel.
  • On Tuesday, a panel of six United Nations independent experts rebuked European nations as "rooted in disinformation" and urged focusing on Israel's accountability under international law, while the Coalition warned such disinformation undermines the multilateral system.
  • Albanese was sanctioned by the United States in July, affecting her work, as the sanctions barred her from US travel, froze her assets, and cut her off from the global financial system, she says.
Insights by Ground AI

18 Articles

Left

Madrid. A total of 150 former French ministers, ambassadors and diplomats, as well as active parliamentarians and senators, yesterday accused French Foreign Minister Jean-Noël Barrot of spreading disinformation and asked him to retract his words against the United Nations Special Rapporteur for the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Francesca Albanese.

·Mexico
Read Full Article
Left

More than 150 international diplomatic personalities, including former foreign ministers, pin Jean-Noël Barrot.

·Paris, France
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 67% of the sources lean Left
67% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Middle East Eye broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 18, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal