Tennis: Nick Kyrgios 'devastated' to withdraw from 2023 Australian Open
Nick Kyrgios has pulled out of the 2023 Australian Open due to a knee injury. The world No. 21 had been due to play Roman Safiullin in the first round on Tuesday. Eurosport's Boris Becker, Tim, Henman and Mats Wilander have given their reactions to the news.
Published 5 months ago
Australian Open 2023: 'Devastated' Nick Kyrgios pulls out of the tournament due to injury
Nick Kyrgios has pulled out of the Australian Open 2023 without stepping foot on the court. The 27-year-old announced his decision on the eve of his opening match and said he was 'devastated' to have missed out on his home grand slam. “It’s just bad timing. That’s life, you know. Injuries are part of sport...I’m not doubting that I’ll be back to my full strength. Devastated obviously," said Kyrgios in a hastily arranged press conference.
5 months ago·Noida, IndiaRead Full Article
Similar News Topics
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe
Time & Location
Sources are mostly out of (0)