US drops case against protesters of Chicago immigration blitz
Federal prosecutors dropped the case after a judge found errors in grand jury proceedings, ending misdemeanor charges against four Broadview protesters.
- All remaining charges against the 'Broadview Six' defendants have been dismissed by U.S. Attorney Andrew Boutros.
- Defense attorney Chris Parente said prosecutors used unethical tactics during the grand jury sessions, including excluding jurors who disagreed and withholding information.
- The defendants accused the government of pursuing a politically-motivated prosecution against local Democratic politicians and candidates who spoke out against President Trump's immigration policies.
35 Articles
35 Articles
Capitol Fa - Your Illinois News Radar » Judge: Sanctions against prosecutors possible after remaining Broadview Six charges dismissed (Updated)CapitolFax.com
* NBC 5… Federal prosecutors have dismissed all remaining charges against remaining members of the so-called “Broadview Six.” Prosecutors announced the dismissal after a hearing before U.S. District Judge April Perry, who had previously dismissed felony charges in the case earlier this month. Prosecutor Andrew Boutros admitted in court Thursday that prosecutors had made “significant errors” in the [...]
Federal charges dropped against all 4 'Broadview Six' protesters after grand jury misconduct findings
A federal judge said she had never seen prosecutorial behavior as troubling as what appeared in the grand jury transcripts from the Chicago-area immigration protest case
Trump DOJ's conduct during anti-ICE protest case shocks experts: 'Completely staggering'
Transcripts from the Department of Justice's prosecution of the "Broadview Six" anti-ICE protesters have left experts who read them shocked. The Broadview Six were a group of protesters federally charged after demonstrating outside an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention facility in I...
Grand jury improprieties revealed in court as ‘Broadview Six’ case unravels
US. Attorney Andrew Boutros announced in court that he was dismissing all remaining misdemeanor counts in the case, which had been scheduled to go to trial on Tuesday.
Read the transcript: What happened in court before prosecutors dismissed charges in ‘Broadview Six’ case
U.S. Attorney Andrew Boutros announced in court Thursday that he was dismissing all remaining counts in the politically charged “Broadview Six” case against Operation Midway Blitz protesters.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



















