US and UAE pledge $700M for Sudan humanitarian aid
The United Arab Emirates pledged $500 million and the U.S. $200 million to address Sudan’s humanitarian crisis affecting over 14 million displaced people, UN officials said.
- The United States and the United Nations launched a $700 million Sudan Humanitarian Fund, with the UAE committing $500 million and the Trump administration pledging $200 million.
- Since 2023, Sudan has been embroiled in a war between the Rapid Support Forces and the Sudanese military, displacing over 14 million people and causing famine in several regions.
- Tom Fletcher co-hosted the Washington event on Tuesday with Massad Boulos and said, `Today we are signaling that the international community will work together to bring this suffering to an end, and to ensure lifesaving aid reaches communities in such desperate, desperate need,`.
- Security changes include the opening of the Kadugli–Dilling route and a drone strike on a Kadugli medical centre that killed 15 people, including seven children, the Sudan Doctors Network said.
- Organizers set February 17, 2026, the start of Ramadan, as a date to show visible progress, while Saudi Arabia and other participants promised unspecified pledges.
7 Articles
7 Articles
UAE pledges $500 million to address humanitarian needs in Sudan
The UAE pledges $500 million to address urgent humanitarian needs in Sudan, showcasing its commitment to providing life-saving assistance amid the ongoing civil war. This significant contribution was announced at the Sudan Donors Conference, highlighting the UAE's dedication to supporting Sudanese civilians and ensuring aid reaches those affected by the crisis.
US, UN launch humanitarian fund with $700 million for Sudan
The United States and the United Nations are seeking to rally international support for humanitarian aid to war-ravaged Sudan, kicking off a new Sudan Humanitarian Fund with $700 million in contributions from the United Arab Emirates and the U.S. The Trump administration said Tuesday that it would contribute $200 million to the initiative from a basket of $2 billion it set aside late last year to fund humanitarian projects around the world. The …
US says Sudan warring parties back withdrawal plan as donors pledge $700M in aid
State Department senior adviser Massad Boulos announced Tuesday that a "comprehensive peace plan" has been approved by Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, though it still needs to be approved by Sudan's warring parties.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





