Two-time champion Carlos Alcaraz says he will miss Wimbledon because of lingering wrist injury
- Carlos Alcaraz announced his withdrawal from Wimbledon on Tuesday, citing a persistent wrist injury that will also see him miss the grass-court swing at Queen's.
- Sidelined since the Barcelona Open on April 14, Alcaraz is dealing with tenosynovitis, an inflammation of the tendon sheath that previously forced withdrawals from the French Open and Italian Open.
- British tennis icon Greg Rusedski urged caution on his podcast, citing Juan Martin Del Potro's career: "He doesn't want to be like Juan Martin Del Potro, who came back too early."
- Jannik Sinner now enters Wimbledon as the overwhelming favorite to defend his 2025 title, while Novak Djokovic continues pursuit of a record 25th major amid the shifted competitive landscape.
- Alcaraz confirmed on Instagram that recovery is progressing but he remains unable to compete, stating: "We'll keep working to come back as soon as possible." Timeline for return remains unconfirmed.
98 Articles
98 Articles
Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from French Open and Wimbledon
Carlos Alcaraz’s hopes of regaining his Wimbledon title have been dashed with the two-time champion announcing on Tuesday he is withdrawing as he recovers from a wrist injury. “My recovery is going well and I’m feeling much better, but unfortunately I’m still not ready to play, I am obliged to withdraw from both Queen’s and Wimbledon,” said Spaniard Alcaraz, who lost to Jannik Sinner in last year’s final in the All England Club. “These are two r…
Carlos Alcaraz Drops Out of Wimbledon 2026 Due to Injury
Getty Carlos Alcaraz will not be competing at Wimbledon this year. The 23-year-old Spanish tennis player confirmed the news in a post to his social media on Tuesday (May 19), revealing that he is still recovering from an ongoing injury. The seven-time Grand Slam champ suffered a wrist injury during a match at the 2026 Barcelona Open on April 14. He withdrew from that tournament, telling the media that his “wrist gave way” and he began feeling “a…
Carlos Alcaraz Withdraws from Wimbledon, Queen's Club Due to Wrist Injury
Get latest articles and stories on Sports at LatestLY. Carlos Alcaraz has announced that he will not take part in the HSBC Championships at Queen's Club or Wimbledon due to a wrist injury. The world No. 2 in the ATP Rankings is currently recovering and will focus on rehabilitation before returning to competition. Sports News | Carlos Alcaraz Withdraws from Wimbledon, Queen's Club Due to Wrist Injury.
After the French Open, tennis star Carlos Alcaraz also missed the Grand Slam tournament in Wimbledon. The World Ranking Second, who had triumphed in Wimbledon in 2023 and 2024 and had been there in the finals last year, announced the cancellation due to his injury on the right wrist on Tuesday. The problems had become acute in mid-April at the tournament in Barcelona. The 23-year-old Spaniard, winner of seven Grand Slam tournaments, has not play…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






























