Trump says US will go after ‘leaker’ of info on downed pilot in Iran
Trump said the report put a rescue mission at risk and vowed to demand the source, as officials said both downed crew members were recovered.
- On Monday, President Donald Trump threatened to jail journalists who reported a second airman remained missing after an F-15E fighter jet was shot down in Iran, demanding they reveal their sources.
- The administration kept the second airman's status secret after the Friday, April 3 crash, but media reports of his disappearance emerged, which Trump claimed alerted Iranian forces and endangered the rescue operation.
- Trump alleged the leak prompted Iran to offer a $60,000 bounty for the pilot's capture, complicating extraction of the injured airman who evaded capture for nearly 48 hours until U.S. forces recovered him Sunday.
- Jameel Jaffer, executive director of the Knight First Amendment Institute, warned that forcing journalists to disclose sources violates First Amendment rights, as no federal shield law protects reporters from such subpoenas.
- This threat escalates President Trump's long-standing conflict with news outlets, whom he has frequently denigrated as the "fake news media" and "enemy of the people," raising concerns about legal action against the press.
170 Articles
170 Articles
Trump vows to jail leaker who exposed live rescue of downed airman in Iran
President Trump announced he would pursue the person who leaked classified details about a missing American airman stranded behind enemy lines in Iran. The disclosure, he said, alerted the entire country to the serviceman's location while he was still fighting for survival. A White House official confirmed to the Daily Mail that an investigation is now underway. The stakes here are not abstract. A weapons system operator spent nearly 48 hours on…
Trump: Corporate Media ‘Leaker’ Tipped Off Iran on Downed U.S Airman’s Location
President Donald Trump tore into a media outlet Monday after a leak during a high-stakes rescue mission in Iran, saying the disclosure tipped off Tehran that a second U.S. airman was alive and still on the ground.
The U.S. president claims he will imprison the journalist who published the news of the military missing in Iran if he does not reveal the source of the information.More information: A CIA waste operation allowed the Pentagon to rescue the second pilot hidden on the ridge of a mountain.
Trump threatens jail for journalists amid escalating crackdown on war reporting
President’s threat to imprison reporters over Iran airman coverage raises renewed constitutional concerns as administration intensifies pressure on press freedom during wartime reporting.
Trump explains horrific implications of media leak on surviving airman in Iran
by WorldTribune Staff, April 7, 2026 Non-AI Real World News President Donald Trump said the media report, based on leaked information, that only one of two U.S. military personnel missing after their plane was shot down over Iranian airspace had been rescued was reckless and put hundreds of U.S. troops, including elite SEAL Team 6 […]
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 42% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













































