Trump says ISIS second-in-command Abu-Bilal al-Minuki killed by US and Nigerian forces
Trump said U.S. and Nigerian forces killed an ISIS deputy in a complex mission that officials said also eliminated multiple other militants.
- President Trump announced via Truth Social that a joint military operation conducted by U.S. and Nigerian forces successfully eliminated Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, whom he identified as the global second-in-command of ISIS.
- Trump described the strike as a "meticulously planned and very complex mission" that flawlessly targeted al-Minuki on the African continent.
- A native of Nigeria born in Borno State, al-Minuki was first placed on the U.S. Treasury Department's specially designated global terrorist list in 2023. Trump characterized him as the "most active terrorist in the world" at the time of his death.
- The White House stated that al-Minuki's removal severely diminishes ISIS's global infrastructure, particularly its expanding operational hub in Africa. Trump extended formal thanks to the Nigerian government for its close tactical cooperation.
- This operation follows U.S. strikes on ISIS bases in Nigeria on Christmas Day last year, reflecting ongoing counterterrorism efforts in the region.
510 Articles
510 Articles
Nigeria and U.S. forces kill over 20 Islamic State group militants in new offensive
The Nigerian military says a new operation with U.S. forces has killed over 20 Islamic State militants in Borno state. It follows the weekend killing of senior militant leader Abu Bakr al-Mainuki. The killing marked a new development in Nigeria's…
US, Nigeria Say Senior Islamic State Leader Killed In Joint Operation
by Stefan J. Bos, Worthy News Chief International Correspondent ABUJA (Worthy News) – Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria. The militant, identified as Abu Bakr al-Mainuki, was described by U.S. President Donald J. Trump as the “second in command globally” within Islamic State, a…
'At My Direction ...' Trump Gives The Order - Military Launches Deadly...
President Donald Trump announced late Friday that U.S. forces working alongside Nigerian troops carried out a successful counterterrorism mission that killed a top ISIS commander in Africa. In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the operation was conducted at his direction and described it as a complex and carefully coordinated success. “Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulo…
Trump Says a top Islamic state leader was killed in US-Nigerian mission
President Donald Trump said late Friday that U.S. and Nigerian forces had killed one of the Islamic State group’s highest-ranking leaders in an operation in Africa, where the United States has been targeting Islamic militants who the president says are killing Christians. The post Trump Says a top Islamic state leader was killed in US-Nigerian mission appeared first on West Hawaii Today.
Trump says a top Islamic State leader was killed in a US-Nigerian mission
President Donald Trump said late Friday that U.S. and Nigerian forces had killed one of the Islamic State group’s highest-ranking leaders in an operation in Africa, where the United States has been targeting Islamic militants who the president says are killing Christians. The post Trump says a top Islamic State leader was killed in a US-Nigerian mission appeared first on Hawaii Tribune-Herald.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium










































