South Korea special forces officer says he had orders to block lawmakers
- Colonel Kim Hyun-tae stated he received orders to block lawmakers from entering parliament to prevent a vote on lifting martial law.
- Kim accepted responsibility for the raid, claiming he acted under orders from Defence Minister Kim Yong-hyun.
- The former Defence Minister was arrested for declaring martial law and deploying troops to parliament.
27 Articles
27 Articles


South Korea's Yoon gave orders to 'drag out' MPs during martial law, officer says
SEOUL: South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol gave an order to "drag out" lawmakers from parliament after he declared martial law on Dec 3, an army commander said on Tuesday (Dec 10) amid concerns of a power
Ex-defense chief issued order to prevent 150 lawmakers from gathering at Nat'l Assembly: commander
Former Defense Minister Kim Yong-hyun issued an order to prevent 150 lawmakers from gathering at the National Assembly on the night of last week's martial law declaration, a military commander said Tuesday.
South Korea Commander: Former Defense Minister Ordered to Restrain MPs
Former South Korean Defense Minister Kim Yong-hyun ordered the army to blockade the parliament building in Seoul last week. This was to prevent members of parliament from lifting the state of emergency in the country. This is according to the commander of the elite units of the South Korean army. Colonel Kim Hyun-tae says that he takes full responsibility for the actions of his troops, but that he acted on the orders of the Defense Minister. The…
Had orders to block lawmakers from impeachment vote: South Korea defence official
Colonel Kim Hyun-tae, the commanding officer of the 707th Special Missions Group, told reporters he took all responsibility for his troops' raid on parliament but said he was acting under orders from the defence minister.
Was ordered to block lawmakers from lifting emergency measure, says South Korea special forces commander
Colonel Kim Hyun-tae, the commanding officer of the 707th Special Missions Group, told reporters he took all responsibility for his troops' raid on parliament but said he was acting under orders from the defence minister
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 53% of the sources lean Right
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage