South Korea Fired Warning Shots After North Korean Soldiers Crossed Demarcation Line, Yonhap Says
The South Korean military said the troops returned after the shots, and no further unusual activity was reported.
- The South Korean military fired warning shots last week after multiple North Korean soldiers crossed the Military Demarcation Line in the eastern front-line area, prompting them to return to their side.
- North Korea has been fortifying its border since North Korean leader Kim Jong-un declared inter-Korean ties as between "two hostile" states in late 2023, escalating tensions along the Demilitarized Zone.
- While North Korean troops violated the MDL 17 times in 2025, this marks the first warning shots fired by the South Korean military this year in response to a crossing.
- Under operational procedures, South Korean forces air warning broadcasts if North Korean troops approach the MDL, then fire warning shots if they cross the boundary.
- The North Korean soldiers returned to their side immediately after the warning shots, with no further unusual activity reported in the area, according to a government source.
49 Articles
49 Articles
North Korean soldiers cross demarcation line, South Korean military responds with warning shots - mediaSouth Korean military fired warning shots last week after a group of North Korean soldiers crossed the demarcation line. These are the first such incidents this year, the violators returned to their side.
The border guards opened fire.
Warning Shots Fired as North Korean Troops Breach DMZ
Last week, South Korean forces discharged warning shots after several North Korean soldiers entered the Military Demarcation Line in the eastern sector of the Demilitarized Zone. Tensions continue to rise in this sensitive region. The post Warning Shots Fired as North Korean Troops Breach DMZ appeared first on News Addicts.
Shots Fired After North Korean Soldiers Cross DMZ
South Korea’s military fired warning shots last week after multiple North Korean soldiers crossed the Military Demarcation Line in the eastern area of the Demilitarized Zone, according to a statement from South Korea’s Ministry of National Defense. The soldiers returned to the northern side of the line following the shots, and no further unusual activity was observed. The incident occurred sometime during the week prior to the August 16 reports.…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























