Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Account for N3trn Public Funds - SERAP Drags CBN to Court

SERAP demands detailed accounting of N3 trillion in public funds, including N629 billion linked to the Anchor Borrowers Programme, citing constitutional breaches and anti-corruption violations.

  • Last week, SERAP filed suit FHC/ABJ/CS/250/2026 at the Federal High Court in Abuja to demand an accounting for N3 trillion and over N629 billion paid to `unknown beneficiaries`.
  • The Auditor‑General's annual report published on 9 September 2025 alleged grave violations of public trust and contraventions of the 1999 Nigerian Constitution, the CBN Act, and anti‑corruption standards.
  • Seeking a court order, SERAP asks for an order of mandamus to compel the CBN to account for and explain the missing N3 trillion, including detailed expenditure reports.
  • Granting SERAP's reliefs would, the group says, advance Nigerians' rights to restitution, compensation and guarantee of non‑repetition while ensuring their right to know missing public funds' whereabouts.
  • The allegations underscore a broader issue of CBN accountability, as SERAP says they reflect persistent failure to comply with its Act and uphold transparency and accountability obligations.
Insights by Ground AI

11 Articles

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 67% of the sources are Center
67% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Premium Times Nigeria broke the news in Abuja, Nigeria on Sunday, February 15, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal