Russian 'double-tap' strike on shopping centre in Ukraine kills 16 and wounds 130
Rescuers searched the wreckage as officials said nine people were missing and the fire had spread across 9,000 square metres.
- On Friday, a Russian drone assault struck the Sun Gallery shopping center in Kryvyi Rih, killing 16 people and injuring 130 others in the eastern Ukrainian city.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky described the assault on his hometown as a 'double-tap' strike, in which an initial drone wave was followed by a second attack as rescuers responded.
- The fire spread across 9,000 square metres, destroying the mall owned by Cyprus-registered Arricano Real Estate, where nearly $60 million had been invested in the facility.
- CEO Margus Kurm stated it is currently too early to assess the financial damage, though the company has faced previous government sanctions it has publicly contested.
- Amid intensified ballistic missile attacks on Kyiv, Zelensky condemned the strike as 'cynical and despicable,' citing chronic shortages of Patriot air defence interceptors hampering Ukraine's defensive capabilities.
38 Articles
38 Articles
The rescue teams were deployed to search for nine missing persons in the rubble of a shopping mall in Ukraine, following a Russian drone attack that left at least 16 dead and more than 100 injured last Friday. A balance of nine people are still missing after the bombing in the city Krivói Rog as part of an escalation of tensions between the two countries. It was the President of Ukraine, Volodimir Zelenski, who reported on the search. “Specialis…
The double blow in Kryvyi Rih left at least 16 dead and 130 injured, including 23 children, and unleashed a strong condemnation of Zelenski and the European Union
Russian strike on shopping centre in Ukraine kills 15 and wounds 130
At least 15 people were killed and more than 130 wounded on Friday when several Russian drones struck a shopping centre in central Ukraine, authorities said, with President Volodymyr Zelenskiyy promising a response to what he called an "act of barbarism." Regional Governor Oleksandr Hanzha said that 22 children were…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 52% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





























