Skip to main content

We've updated our Privacy Policy. Questions? Email us any time at privacy@ground.news

Published loading...Updated

Ronaldo hints at retirement, says upcoming year could be his last

  • On Sunday, Cristiano Ronaldo told Vogue that the current season is "probably my last year of football," aiming to leave a "spectacular legacy."
  • The 41-year-old Portugal captain acknowledged retirement is approaching after "25 years with a lot of sacrifice," reflecting on a career spanning more than two decades.
  • Ronaldo will continue playing for Saudi Pro League club Al-Nassr this season while closing in on the milestone of 1,000 career goals, having scored 976 already.
  • The forward stated he has his future "all mapped out," noting plans to travel, play padel, and spend more time with family after football.
  • Although his Al-Nassr contract runs until June 2027, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner remains focused on his final season after Portugal fell short at this year's FIFA World Cup.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

271 Articles

Lean Right

Cristiano Ronaldo has been one of the best footballers in the world for 20 years. But now there are many indications that the end is near.

·Stockholm, Sweden
Read Full Article
Lean Right

The footballer admitted that he has already fully planned his life after retiring: he wants to travel more and spend time with his family.

·Kyiv, Ukraine
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Cristiano Ronaldo opened up in Vogue magazine.

·Helsinki, Finland
Read Full Article
Lean Right

Cristiano Ronaldo has announced his intention to retire at the end of the 2026-2027 season. As he concludes his 25-year playing career, he is challenging the record of 1,000 goals. After retirement, he plans to lead a new life engaging in various activities such as traveling and paddling.

Lean Left

The 41-year-old Portuguese star revealed that he is already preparing his life after football, with business, travel and new projects along with Georgina Rodríguez

·Los Angeles, United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 41% of the sources lean Right
41% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Telemundo Area de la Bahía 48 broke the news on Sunday, August 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal