Skip to main content
Black Friday Sale - Get 40% off Vantage
Published loading...Updated

Land mine explosion that wounded Chinese man on Cambodia-Thailand border provokes concerns

A Chinese man was injured by a land mine in disputed border area; Thai army says Cambodia is planting new mines, threatening ceasefire and civilian safety.

  • A Chinese man was injured when he stepped on a land mine along the Cambodia–Thailand border, the Thai army said, accusing Cambodia of planting new mines in Sa Kaeo province.
  • Years of border demarcation disputes set the stage for renewed tensions, with land mine explosions earlier this year wounding Thai soldiers and sparking five days of fighting.
  • Border Patrol Police heard an explosion shortly before dawn, a drone reconnaissance located the wounded man, and deminers and Thai security personnel retrieved him and sent him to hospital, while the Chinese Embassy in Thailand said he is in stable condition.
  • More recent mine incidents have threatened the ceasefire that ended the brief conflict, as Thailand and Cambodia continue trading accusations despite planned mine-clearance cooperation.
  • Cambodia denies laying new mines, saying blasts could be remnants of decades-old internal armed struggles, while Cambodia Defense Ministry spokesperson Maly Socheata said Phnom Penh remains committed to working with Thailand despite the Thai army's claims of no cooperation.
Insights by Ground AI

28 Articles

Associated Press NewsAssociated Press News
+22 Reposted by 22 other sources
Lean Left

Land mine explosion that wounded Chinese man on Cambodia-Thailand border provokes concerns

A land mine has injured a Chinese man who was allegedly trying to cross illegally into Thailand from Cambodia.

·United States
Read Full Article
Lean Right

The Eastern Task Force sent a mine-clearing team to assist a Chinese man who stepped on a landmine while illegally crossing the border in an area that has not yet been cleared of mines near the Ban Nong Chan border.

Read Full Article

The Royal Thai Army announced it immediately assisted a Chinese man who stepped on a landmine and emphasized that he was treated equally under international humanitarian law before being sent for examination in accordance with legal procedures once he was safe. On November 29, 2015, Army Spokesperson Major General Winthai Suwaree clarified the case of a Chinese man who illegally crossed the border into Ban Nong Chan, Non Mak Mun Subdistrict, Kho…

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 50% of the sources are Center
50% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

The Nation Thailand broke the news in Bangkok, Thailand on Saturday, November 29, 2025.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal