Get access to our best features

Get access to our best features

NHS warns of rise in children admitted to hospital for ingesting toy parts

Summary by Ground News
Surgeons have had to perform life-saving operations to remove button batteries, magnetic balls and Christmas cracker toys. The number of young people taken to hospital after ingesting small objects has doubled over the last 10 years to 228, according to the latest data. One to two children a year die in the UK from swallowing the batteries, while survivors may end up with life-changing alterations to their anatomy.
Published 6 months ago · London, United Kingdom

News Articles

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

75% of the sources lean Left
The Guardian
The Independent
Wales Online
Evening Standard
L 75%
R 25%
See less detail