Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

At Least 18 Killed in Major Russian Attack on the Center of Kyiv

Despite a major air assault killing at least 15, including children, Russia insists on continuing peace negotiations amid stalled diplomatic efforts, officials said.

  • Russia's forces launched a mass strike on Kyiv on Thursday, firing 598 strike drones and 31 missiles that killed at least 18 and damaged European Union diplomatic offices.
  • With peace talks stalled, Thursday's attack was the first major combined drone-and-missile strike on Kyiv since President Donald Trump met with Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier this month.
  • Russia's Defense Ministry said it targeted military-industrial facilities and air bases using Kinzhal missiles, drones and precision weapons, while Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov denied deliberate civilian targeting.
  • Following the strikes, Western capitals summoned Russian envoys, and Britain said the attack sabotaged peace efforts as British Prime Minister Keir Starmer described the strikes as senseless.
  • Ukraine's military said it used drones to strike two Russian oil refineries overnight, Russia confirmed one fire was extinguished, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said no ceasefire exists and urged discreet talks, while President Volodymyr Zelensky called for harsher U.S. sanctions if Putin lacks seriousness.
Insights by Ground AI
Does this summary seem wrong?

21 Articles

Lean Right

The Kremlin has responded on Thursday to criticism of the large-scale attack they have launched in recent hours on Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, which has left about a fortnight dead and about half a hundred injured, recalling that no air ceasefire has been agreed in the negotiations. “No agreement has been reached on this issue,” the Kremlin spokesman, Dimitri Peskov, has merely responded when asked at a press conference about the possible cont…

·Chile
Read Full Article
Lean Left

The Kremlin said today that it is still interested in peace talks on Ukraine, regardless of the strong overnight attack on Kiev.

·Belgrade, Serbia
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Russia continues its war against Ukraine, but “remains interested” in continuing the negotiation process.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 67% of the sources lean Right
67% Right

Factuality 

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

RTVI broke the news in Moscow, Russian Federation on Wednesday, August 27, 2025.
Sources are mostly out of (0)
News
For You
Search
BlindspotLocal