Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Michelle Yeoh Breaks Silence on 'Wicked For Good' Oscars Snub

Michelle Yeoh criticized the Academy for excluding Wicked: For Good and its stars from nominations, highlighting the film’s creative merits despite mixed promotional reactions.

  • On Thursday, Michelle Yeoh, actress, 63, told Variety she defended Wicked: For Good after it received no Oscar nominations, saying she was `in shock` and `disappointed`.
  • The predecessor's ten nominations set expectations after the first Wicked film earned 10 Oscar nominations and won two Academy Awards at the 2025 ceremony, while the 2026 nominations were unveiled Jan. 22.
  • Yeoh named costume designer Paul Tazewell, director Jon M. Chu, and Alice Brooks, citing their work as deserving recognition in the sequel's more elaborate production.
  • An anonymous Oscar voter said they were `completely turned off` by Grande and Erivo's promotional moments, and fans criticized the Academy's choices on social media, last month.
  • Yeoh, a 2023 Best Actress Oscar winner, continues to receive honors, having received the Golden Bear Award at the 76th Berlin International Film Festival and a Hollywood Walk of Fame star next week.
Insights by Ground AI

11 Articles

Lean Left

The American actress lamented that the Academy did not recognize the work of the areas of clothing, photography and production design of the tape

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 56% of the sources lean Left
56% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Page Six broke the news in on Thursday, February 12, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal