Photographer Charged with Stealing Camera of Bondi Shooting Victim After Attack
Police allege the 35-year-old photographer stole and pawned gear from slain victim Peter Meagher before facing multiple theft, drug and weapons charges.
- On Wednesday, police arrested a 35-year-old man in Marayong for allegedly stealing and pawning camera gear belonging to Peter Meagher, a victim of the Bondi Beach terror attack.
- Meagher, a 61-year-old retired NSW Police officer and photographer, was one of 15 people killed during the Bondi Beach terror attack on December 14, 2025.
- During the investigation, police seized a camera, handcuffs, and electronic devices from the suspect's home; officers also found a "small amount of white crystal powder" in his car, after determining he was also a photographer at the Hannukah event.
- The suspect faces charges for larceny between $2000 and $5000, weapons possession, and drug offenses, with a scheduled appearance before Blacktown Local Court on June 22.
- Known as "Marzo", Meagher spent nearly a decade managing Randwick Rugby Club following his 40-year career in the NSW Police Force, and was recently honored during a "Marzo Memorial Round".
33 Articles
33 Articles
LOOTING THE MURDERED: Photographer Charged With Stealing Camera Gear From Bondi Terror Victim
Australian police have charged a 35-year-old man with allegedly stealing camera equipment from one of the 15 people killed in last December’s antisemitic terror attack on a Chanukah celebration at Sydney’s Bondi Beach. The alleged thief was himself a photographer hired to work the same Chanukah by the Sea event where Peter Meagher, a 61-year-old […]
In March, the wife of a man killed at Bondi Beach turns to the public: she searches for his camera, which disappeared that day. Then the police take the case into their hands.
Photographer Arrested for Stealing Bondi Shooting Victim's Camera After Terror Attack
A photographer has been charged after he allegedly stole the camera gear of one of the victims of the deadly Bondi Beach shooting before pawning it for hundreds of dollars days after the terror attack.
Man charged with stealing camera from victim of Bondi Beach massacre
A 35-year-old man in Australia has been charged with stealing camera equipment from one of the deceased victims of the Bondi Beach shooting attack in December, police stated on Thursday.Following investigations into the attack, “detectives identified that one of the victims—a 61-year-old retired police officer and photographer—had his camera equipment stolen in the aftermath of the attack,” the New South Wales Police Force said in a statement.Fa…
In Australia, a man is being prosecuted for theft in connection with last year's attack at Bondi Beach in Sydney. Two men shot and killed fifteen people during a Jewish celebration there. He allegedly stole items belonging to a fellow photographer who was killed in the aftermath.
Man charged with stealing from Bondi shooting victim
SYDNEY — Australian police said Thursday they had charged a man with allegedly stealing from a victim during last year’s deadly mass shooting on Sydney’s Bondi Beach. Fifteen people were killed in December when Naveed Akram and his father, Sajid, allegedly attacked a Hanukkah celebration in Australia’s worst mass shooting in decades. Among the dead was retired police detective-sergeant and local rugby club member Peter Meagher, who was on a free…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 52% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





















