Jake Schreier Says He Has “Started Work” On ‘X-Men’ Reboot: “That’s Obviously Very, Very Exciting”
Jake Schreier applies lessons from directing Thunderbolts to reboot X-Men with new cast and timeline, aiming to integrate mutants into the Marvel Cinematic Universe after 2019's Disney-Fox merger.
- Recently, director Jake Schreier confirmed work on Marvel Studios' X‑Men movie has started, telling Empire, `I can't say anything about it, but we've started work on X-Men, and that's obviously very, very exciting`.
- Over six years after Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox, the X‑Men characters became available to Marvel, which plans a reboot introducing a new cast and timeline after Secret Wars.
- Director Jake Schreier said his Thunderbolts* work taught him to balance action with emotional scenes, lessons he will apply to X-Men with a script by Michael Lesslie, screenwriter.
- Casting conversations point to fresh faces rather than established Fox stars, with some Fox‑era mutants returning in Avengers: Doomsday but unlikely joining Marvel Studios' new X‑Men cast.
- Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios president, says Marvel focuses on introducing characters thoughtfully; Thunderbolts* arrives on Disney+ August 27, 2025, while uncertainty remains over legacy actors like Hugh Jackman.
16 Articles
16 Articles
'Thunderbolts*' director Jake Schreier shares update on Marvel's 'X-Men' reboot
"We’ve started work on 'X-Men,'" Schreier revealed.Tim P. Whitby/Getty; Marvel Comics Jake Schreier will direct Marvel's 'X-Men' rebootA new age of the X-Men is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Thunderbolts* director Jake Schreier revealed in a new interview with Empire Magazine that he's begun working on Marvel's new X-Men film reboot."I can’t say anything about it, but we’ve started work on X-Men, and that’s obviously very, very excitin…
Work on the MCU X-MEN Reboot Has Begun, Says Director Jake Schreier
Thunderbolts* may not have been the biggest box office hit of the year so far, that’s true. Yet both MCU fans and critics alike totally loved it. So when Marvel Studios announced Thunderbolts* director Jake Schreier as the director for the highly anticipated X-Men reboot, most of us jumped for joy. After all, he nailed the dysfunctional family team dynamics of the future New Avengers perfectly, and their mutual trauma bonding in the film proved …
‘X-Men’ Director Confirms Marvel Has ‘Started Work’ On The Reboot
The X-Men may be coming sooner than fans think! Director Jake Schreier confirms Marvel Studios has officially begun working on the highly-anticipated reboot. Ever since it was announced that Disney had purchased 20th Century Fox, there has been one thing on fans’ minds. No, it wasn’t the effect of merging two of the biggest media networks into what many may consider a monopoly. Source
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium