Israel rejects Lebanese revisions to U.S.-mediate maritime deal

Summary by Ground News
The dispute is over a potentially gas-rich, 330-square-mile disputed area of the Mediterranean Sea with an estimated value reaching billions of dollars. The need for a deal has become especially urgent as the Karish rig, a major Israeli gas project that Israel says is located south of the disputed area, prepares to come online. Hezbollah has called the beginning of production in theKarish rig a red line.
2 months ago·Jerusalem, Israel

News Articles

More Filters
All
Left
Center
Right

Israel rejects Lebanese revisions to U.S.-mediate maritime deal

JERUSALEM - Israel rejected on Thursday revisions requested by Lebanon to a U.S.-mediated border demarcation proposal, throwing into doubt years of diplomatic efforts to enable both enemy countries to extract gas in or around a disputed Mediterranean prospect. An Israeli official, announcing Prime Minister Yair Lapid's decision to reject the revision requests, added that any further

2 months ago·United Kingdom
Read Full Article

Israel to reject Lebanon's proposed changes to gas deal

A draft agreement floated by U.S. envoy Amos Hochstein aims to settle claims over offshore gas fields

2 months ago·India
Read Full Article

Israel rejects Lebanese objections to maritime deal, source says

Defense Minister Benny Gantz Orders the IDF to Prepare for an Escalation in the North Lapid Orders Israel's Negotiating Team to Reject Lebanon's Objections to the Maritime Agreement on Thursday

2 months ago·Tel Aviv- Yafo, Israel
Read Full Article

Israel rejects Lebanese revision requests on US-brokered maritime deal

Lebanese negotiator says deal 90% done but remaining 10% could make it or break it

2 months ago·Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Read Full Article

Israeli refusal of Lebanon’s revisions threatens maritime border demarcation agreement

BEIRUT: Israel rejected revisions requested by Lebanon to a US-brokered border demarcation proposal on Thursday, throwing into doubt years of diplomatic efforts to enable the two countries to extract gas in a disputed part of the Mediterranean. Lebanese President Michel Aoun said the revisions made by Lebanon on the deal with Israel guarantee Lebanon’s rights to explore for

2 months ago·Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Read Full Article

Maritime gas deal in jeopardy as Israel ‘rejects’ Lebanon changes

Israel said it will reject list of amendments that Beirut had requested to a draft deal on maritime border delineation.

2 months ago·Qatar
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

47% of the sources lean Left
Middle East Monitor
CGTN
The Hindu
Haaretz
Bloomberg
Al-Monitor
The New Arab
Ynet News
+1
Reuters
Al Jazeera
Axios
Jerusalem Post
Gulf News
Arab News
Anadolu Ajansı
Al Arabiya
Asharq AL-awsat
L 47%
C 24%
R 29%
See less detail