Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Iran: War will spread beyond Middle East if US attacks

Iran said it is reviewing a new U.S. proposal as President Donald Trump warned the window for diplomacy could close quickly and oil prices fell more than 5%.

  • On Wednesday, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps threatened to spread the war beyond the Middle East if the United States attacks again, following President Donald Trump's claim on Tuesday that he nearly restarted military operations.
  • Six weeks since Trump paused Operation Epic Fury for a ceasefire, peace negotiations remain stalled as the U.S. and Iran continue to exchange threats while the military campaign remains suspended.
  • Two giant Chinese tankers carrying around 4 million barrels of oil exited the Strait of Hormuz on Wednesday, while Lloyd's List reported at least 54 vessels transited last week, still a fraction of the 140 daily pre-war average.
  • Benchmark Brent crude futures eased to near $108 a barrel on Wednesday as market uncertainty persisted; analyst Toshitaka Tazawa noted that fluctuating U.S. stances continue to drive global energy price volatility.
  • Iran submitted rejected peace terms this week, including demands for control of the Strait of Hormuz, while retaining its stockpile of near-weapons-grade enriched uranium and the ability to threaten neighbors with missiles and drones.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

103 Articles

Lean Right

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Bagaei said this Thursday that Tehran is weighing a new American proposal to end the war, amid Donald Trump’s threats to Iran to give the “right answers.” “The exchange of messages has developed in several rounds, and we have received the views of the US side, which we are currently discussing,” said the diplomat, quoted by Nournews media. Bagaei indicated that the two sides are working on a 14-point tex…

·Chile
Read Full Article
Left

Tehran. Iran announced yesterday that it is evaluating a new U.S. proposal, after President Donald Trump stated that he has “practically taken over” the Islamic republic.

·Mexico
Read Full Article
Far Left

The Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that the new document should contemplate “essential principles such as ending the war on all fronts”.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 41% of the sources lean Right
41% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

npr broke the news in Washington, United States on Wednesday, May 20, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal