Iran says potential energy, mining and aircraft deals on table in talks with US
Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister said Tehran may dilute enriched uranium if all sanctions are lifted, signaling cautious progress in nuclear talks mediated by Oman and Geneva.
- On Sunday, February 15, 2026, Majid Takht-Ravanchi told the BBC that Iran is ready to discuss nuclear compromises if the US discusses lifting sanctions.
- A second round in Geneva follows indirect Oman-mediated contacts earlier this month, with Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi and US envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner scheduled to attend on Tuesday.
- Technical proposals under discussion include diluting 60%-enriched material and shipping options via third countries, amid uncertainty over more than 400kg, with Russia as a potential recipient.
- The U.S. military build-up, including a second carrier, raises the stakes if talks fail, while Ghanbari said `Common interests in the oil and gas fields, joint fields, mining investments, and even aircraft purchases are included in the negotiations.`
- Iran insists missiles and zero enrichment remain off the table, with Israel demanding enriched material removal, while Takht-Ravanchi said, `We see an almost unanimous agreement in the region against war`.
115 Articles
115 Articles
Iran says ready for compromise ahead of nuclear talks with US on Tuesday
The United States and Iran are expected to hold the next round of talks on their long-running nuclear dispute on Tuesday in Geneva, Switzerland, according to reports. The meeting is seen as an important step as both sides try to find a way forward after months of tension. US special envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner are likely to attend the discussions. Trump pushes for a deal US President Donald Trump has stressed the need for a deal with…
Iran hints at compromise as US warns a nuclear deal will be ‘very hard to do’
Iranian officials suggest a deal providing economic benefits to both sides could be reached as the US ratchets up pressure on Tehran ahead of further talks this week.
Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Says Ball Is in US Court To Reach a Deal - News From Antiwar.com
Iran's deputy foreign minister said in an interview published on Sunday that Tehran is ready to make compromises to reach a nuclear deal with Washington, but that any agreement hinged on whether the US is serious. Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi told the BBC that the ball was "in…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






























