Final phase of Kennedy Reconstruction Project set to cause traffic disruptions
6 Articles
6 Articles
What O'Hare travelers, Kennedy drivers need to know as months-long lane closures begin
Months-long lane closures with traffic, congestion and backups officially returned to the Edens and Kennedy Expressways Tuesday morning, with two outbound lanes closed and no inbound express lanes open as part of the third phase of the Illinois Department of Transportation’s major rehabilitation project. The project, originally billed at $150 million, is currently $19 million over budget, IDOT said last week, during a press conference. IDOT offi…


Third — and final — phase of Kennedy Expressway construction starts Monday night
The last year of the Kennedy Expressway overhaul was scheduled to start Monday night, reducing the number of outbound lanes and making the reversible express lanes exclusively outbound until the fall.The inbound reversible express lanes will become completely outbound Tuesday morning, just two months after they reopened following a year of repairs, the Illinois Department of Transportation said in a news release. Two outbound lanes will also clo…
Final phase of Kennedy Reconstruction Project set to cause traffic disruptions
CHICAGO - Monday marks the start of the next phase of the Kennedy Reconstruction Project. This phase is the final phase, but drivers are certainly not looking forward to it. Beginning Monday night, weather permitting, drivers can expect three straight nights of lane and ramp closures. "It's already a pain going into downtown and now it's going to be a pain getting out, and so I'm not really looking forward to it," driver Omar Perez said. Wh…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage