Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Ukraine Attack 'Largest in over a Year' on Moscow, Russian State Media Reports

Russian officials said air defenses intercepted 556 drones, while at least three people were killed and several residential sites were damaged.

  • On Sunday, Ukraine launched a drone attack on Moscow that state news agency TASS described as "the largest in over a year," resulting in multiple casualties near the Russian capital.
  • This assault followed a wave of Russian strikes earlier in the week targeting Kyiv, which killed at least 25 people and injured many others, according to Ukrainian authorities.
  • Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin reported three deaths in Khimki and Mytishchi, while India's Embassy confirmed one Indian citizen was killed and three others injured.
  • Ukraine's Security Service claimed forces targeted facilities in the Moscow region, including two oil pumping sites, an oil refinery, and the "Angstrom" plant, which supplies semiconductors to Russia's military-industrial complex.
  • Russia's Defense Ministry said it intercepted 556 Ukrainian drones overnight, while Sobyanin noted air defenses shot down more than 120 drones heading for Moscow and its surrounding areas.
Insights by Ground AI

23 Articles

Left

Russian federal television stations almost completely ignored the largest Ukrainian drone raid on Moscow and Podmoskovje since the outbreak of the war. 3 people died in an attack on the night of 17 May and 16 others were injured. A few days before the attack, the Moscow authorities banned the publication of photographs and videos with the consequences of drone strikes.

·Riga, Latvia
Read Full Article
Lean Right

The weekend in the Ukraine war could mark the beginning of a new turnaround: Ukraine demonstrated its new impact.

·Berlin, Germany
Read Full Article
Lean Right

At least three people died near Moscow after a Ukrainian attack with more than 500 drones launched during the night, according to the Russian authorities, in the largest air raid on the Russian capital in the last year. Article Ukraine launched the most devastating attack on Moscow in the last year appears first on Romania TV.

Read Full Article
WXOWWXOW
+8 Reposted by 8 other sources
Center

At least three people were killed near Moscow after Ukraine attacked Russia with more than 500 drones overnight, the Russian state news agency TASS reported Sunday, citing local and military officials.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 69% of the sources are Center
69% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

EADaily broke the news on Sunday, May 17, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal