Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled
Trump said no U.S.-Iran talks are scheduled as a 60-day negotiating window ended and a ship was struck near the Strait of Hormuz, officials said.
- On Tuesday, President Donald Trump declared peace talks with Iran "dead" and insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains "open and operating," after a 60-day negotiating period ended this week without agreement.
- Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf retorted that the waterway will remain closed until the United States fulfills commitments including lifting the naval blockade, releasing frozen assets, and ending oil sanctions.
- An unidentified projectile damaged a ship's engine room off the coast of Oman early Tuesday, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations agency reported, resulting in a crew casualty.
- Iran is finalizing a separate agreement with Oman to manage traffic through the strait, explicitly excluding the United States as regional actors seek to bypass Washington amid failed diplomacy.
- Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan signed a joint defense agreement earlier this month stipulating that any armed attack against one state shall be regarded as an attack against all, complicating Middle East security dynamics.
294 Articles
294 Articles
The conflict in the Middle East began on February 28, 2026 with a joint attack by the United States and Israel against Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran responded by closing the Strait of Hormuz, firing the price of crude oil and leaving about 2,000 ships stranded. After 39 days of hostilities, a ceasefire came into effect on April 8, mediated by Pakistan. Despite the truce, naval clashes in the Strait have not stopped on either side and instabil…
Trump: Strait of Hormuz new US territory, no Iran talks planned
WASHINGTON — US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that no talks with Iran are underway and none are scheduled, as he posted a map showing the Strait of Hormuz as a new American territory in a fresh jibe at Tehran. Trump has been pressing his threat to claim sovereignty over the crucial energy waterway as the nearly six-month-old Iran war grinds on with little sign of resolution. Trump’s envoy and son-in-law Jared Kushner had said on Monday tha…
Trump says no planned US-Iran talks
US President Donald Trump has said there are no planned talks with Iran, and insists the Strait of Hormuz is open.
US President Trump says no Iran talks; naval blockade remains
The US President Donald Trump posted on his social network that “there are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect. The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated.” In the meantime, Politico reported that the Trump administration is intensifying its economic pressure on Iran. Meanwhile, Al Jazeera reported tha…
Trump Says No Talks with Iran Taking Place as Standoff over Strait of Hormuz Continues
CBS News President Trump said Tuesday that there is no ongoing dialogue with Iran to end the war, and no discussions scheduled. His son-in-law and envoy Jared Kushner told Fox News on Monday that Iran is “not showing any interest” in striking a deal that “makes sense” for the United States. Nearly six months into the conflict, the U.S. and Iran remain locked in a standoff over control over the Strait of Hormuz. A commercial vessel was struck b…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













































