Four Arab states urged against US-Iran escalation, official says
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman and Egypt conducted urgent diplomacy to prevent a US strike on Iran, citing risks of regional instability and economic damage, Gulf officials said.
- This week Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt and Oman launched 72 hours of intensive diplomacy to dissuade United States President Donald Trump from attacking Iran, a Gulf official said.
- President Trump had been threatening military action as Iran Human Rights reported 3,428 killed and Iran warned of missile retaliation if the US struck.
- Gulf diplomats told Washington and Tehran that the four Gulf states urged the U.S. to refrain from strikes, warned Iran retaliatory attacks would harm regional ties, and focused on lowering rhetoric to avoid instability.
- Following the diplomacy, some United States military personnel withdrew from Al Udeid as a precaution and later returned, while the base's security warning level was lowered on Wednesday.
- Officials say the diplomacy seeks to avert wider regional fallout by preventing attacks and creating space for talks on Iran's nuclear programme, while Gulf states fear U.S. military facilities could be targeted.
107 Articles
107 Articles
Arab states reportedly convince Trump to abandon Iran attack
FacebookLikeShareTweetEmail A group of Arab countries including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt and Oman reportedly managed to convince U.S. President Donald Trump to ditch plans to strike Iran, preventing a massive potential regional crisis – for now. The collection of Arab nations pressed Washington hard to avoid an attack, while simultaneously warning Tehran against retaliating if […]
In the conflict between Iran and the United States there are not only political issues, but also religious issues, history and a regional rivalry that do not allow the creation of an Arab bloc to be shown against Washington. Tensions increased in 2025, when U.S. forces launched attacks on Iranian facilities and there were mutual threats of retaliation. Immediately, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt and Oman became very nervous. Those countries know tha…
The Latest: Middle East allies urge Trump to hold off on Iran strikes, diplomat says
Gulf Arab states warn against U.S. strikes on Iran, cite potential for regional conflict, oil shock
A disruption to global oil supplies could cause prices to rise at a time when President Donald Trump has turned his focus to affordability on the home front.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 39% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






























