Trump Closes Venezuelan Airspace Amid Security Concerns
Venezuela revoked permits for six international airlines after a US Federal Aviation Administration warning amid heightened military activity and drug trafficking allegations.
- The FAA advisory prompted Venezuela's civil aviation authority to revoke permits for six international airlines after suspensions from at least 83 flights from November 24 to 28.
- Last month the US military conducted bomber flights near Venezuela and deployed the USS Gerald R Ford in a major buildup, while since September it has carried out at least 21 strikes killing 83 people.
- Spain's Air Europa and Plus Ultra suspended flights but kept permits, which Portuguese Foreign Minister Paulo Rangel called `disproportionate`; Avianca plans to reschedule Caracas flights by December 5.
- President Donald Trump said he `might talk` to Nicolás Maduro but warned the US could act `the hard way`, while Maduro denied drug involvement and Venezuela's foreign ministry called US designations `a new and ridiculous lie`.
- Since President Donald Trump's return to office tensions with Venezuela have ramped up, as the US military buildup has been linked to more than 80 deaths, while Conviasa, Copa and Wingo continue operating.
72 Articles
72 Articles
Trump orders the closure of Venezuelan airspace
President Donald Trump abruptly ordered the airspace closed above and around Venezuela on Saturday, further escalating tensions between the U.S. president and Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro, whom the White House accuses of working with narco-terrorist organizations to facilitate drug trafficking. “To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENT…
"To all airlines, pilots, drug dealers and human traffickers, please consider the airspace above and around Venezuela as completely closed, the US President reports on Truth Social.
Flight tracker shows Venezuela airspace after Trump orders shutdown
Flight Radar shows airlines diverting away from Venezuela after Donald Trump told airlines to consider the airspace closed. Following dozens of strikes against alleged drug-carrying boats in the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean that have killed more than 80 people since September, Trump suggested to military service members in a Thanksgiving Day phone call that the U.S. would soon take action “on land.” On Saturday (29 November), the president ur…
By Alejandra Jaramillo, CNN - President Donald Trump issued a sweeping directive on social media Saturday morning, warning airlines, pilots, and criminal networks to avoid Venezuelan airspace. “To all airlines, pilots, drug traffickers, and human smugglers, please consider the airspace over and around Venezuela closed in its entirety. Thank you for your attention to this matter! PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP,” the president wrote in a post on Truth …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 39% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






















