Published • loading... • Updated
Fathers of two Tumbler Ridge victims meet
The fathers met to support each other as the Mwansa family arranges repatriation and funeral plans for their son, while Maya Gebala remains unconscious in hospital.
- On Thursday, Abel Mwansa met David Gebala at BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver to offer support, saying `We encouraged one another yesterday`, Mwansa said.
- Earlier this month, Maya Gebala remains unconscious after being shot in the head at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School on Feb. 10, where five schoolmates and a teacher's aide were killed, and her family said Wednesday she continues to `defy every expectation` of doctors.
- Mwansa asked people to continue to pray and shared updates on repatriation efforts, thanking the Tumbler Ridge community for food and support as they prepare for a funeral in Zambia.
- Signs of improvement surfaced when David Gebala wrote, `We were told we only had hours and yet here you are, still fighting, still with us,` and Mwansa called Gebala `a man of faith` in a video posted Friday.
- Abel Mwansa, who shares his son's name, makes funeral plans in Africa while The Canadian Press first published the report on Feb. 20, 2026, highlighting the case's international reach.
Insights by Ground AI
17 Articles
17 Articles
+10 Reposted by 10 other sources
'We encouraged one another': Fathers of two Tumbler Ridge victims meet
The father of a 12-year-old boy killed in the Tumbler Ridge mass shootings says he met with the father of another victim who is fighting for her life in hospital, offering encouragement in her battle.
·Kelowna, Canada
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources17
Leaning Left9Leaning Right2Center4Last UpdatedBias Distribution60% Left
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources lean Left
60% Left
L 60%
C 27%
13%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium











