Vance Says Iran Is Not Accepting 'Red Lines' Set by Trump as Second Round of Nuclear Talks End
Progress in US-Iran nuclear talks includes technical advances, but Iran rejects key US conditions amid rising military tensions and deployments in the Middle East, officials say.
- On Tuesday, U.S. Vice President JD Vance said talks in Geneva showed progress but Tehran remains unwilling to accept some of President Donald Trump's red lines.
- Amid military drills, a senior Iranian official told Al-Jazeera that Iran was 'practically ready' to carry out Khamenei's threats against the U.S. and was training for various response scenarios.
- The U.S. deployed the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford with six destroyers, alongside about 50 fighter jets and three squadrons of F-15E fighter jets in Jordan, in recent weeks.
- Vice President JD Vance warned the United States retains multiple options, including military power, while Iran said it would return within two weeks with detailed proposals and both sides will draft language before a third round.
- In Israel, officials are pessimistic about talks and note Tehran refuses to address missiles and proxies, while Israel's Security Cabinet convenes Thursday amid heightened emergency readiness.
32 Articles
32 Articles
JD Vance Warns Tehran Unwilling To Work Through ‘Red Lines’ Even as Iranian FM Calls Talks ‘Constructive’
US Vice President JD Vance said Washington and […] The post JD Vance Warns Tehran Unwilling To Work Through ‘Red Lines’ Even as Iranian FM Calls Talks ‘Constructive’ appeared first on The Media Line.
Iran has still not accepted the basic US demands for a diplomatic solution to the dispute over its nuclear program, US Vice President JD Vance told Fox News on Tuesday after talks between the two sides in Geneva. He insisted on Washington's goal of preventing Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
Iran upbeat after U.S. talks but Vance says 'red lines' not met
Iran's supreme leader had warned earlier in the day that the country had the ability to sink a U.S. warship recently deployed to the region, after Trump alluded to "consequences" should the two sides fail to strike a deal
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
























