Federal Judge Blocks Trump Administration from Diverting Disaster Prevention Grants
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS (BOSTON), AUG 5 – Judge Richard Stearns blocked the Trump administration from reallocating $4 billion for FEMA disaster prevention grants, citing lack of Congressional approval, after 20 state
- On Tuesday, Judge Richard G. Stearns granted a preliminary injunction blocking the Trump administration’s reallocation of $4 billion for FEMA’s BRIC program.
- Last month, 20 Democratic-led states sued after the Trump administration announced plans to end the BRIC program, claiming reallocating funds breaches the Constitution.
- The BRIC program funds projects strengthening electrical grids, levees for flood protection, and relocating vulnerable water treatment facilities, but states warn ending it could cancel hundreds of projects.
- Warning that the ruling could restrict disaster response, FEMA noted FEMA warned the injunction could limit its ability to respond to major disasters, while Stearns said the government could seek court approval only for an ‘unprecedented’ disaster.
- Despite the April announcement to end BRIC, FEMA and DHS later said they are still evaluating whether to end or revise the program, the administration argued in court filings.
151 Articles
151 Articles
Trump Admin's Effort To Reallocate Billions In FEMA Disaster Relief Funds Blocked
As a candidate, Trump spread misinformation about the Hurricane Helene recovery efforts in Western North Carolina. Things took a dark turn, and Joe Biden's efforts were hampered. Now, in 2025, the Trump administration sought to reallocate $4 billion in FEMA funding intended to help communities protect themselves against natural disasters. A lawsuit was brought by 20 states in July, noting that Congress had allocated money for the program and tha…
Judge Blocks Shift of FEMA Funds from BRIC to Disaster Relief
Clinton-appointed federal judge blocked the Trump administration on Tuesday from more than $4 billion from a grant program. The ruling doesn’t release the funds to the states. It prevents DHS from spending them on anything else. DHS wants to shift the money from DEI and Green New Deal waste to disaster relief. Leftist US District […] The post Judge Blocks Shift of FEMA Funds from BRIC to Disaster Relief appeared first on www.independentsentinel.…
'FEMA broke the law': Judge blocks federal government from spending North Carolina disaster preparedness funding elsewhere
RALEIGH, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — The federal government can’t spend North Carolina’s more than $200 million in disaster preparedness money elsewhere, a judge ruled Tuesday. The federal court ruling comes amid the state’s July 16 lawsuit against the Federal Emergency Management Administration over the cancellation of a program that provides $225 million to protect North Carolina’s infrastructure, including water and sewer services that have bee…
Federal judge dictates that the Trump administration cannot reallocate $4,000 million for disaster mitigation
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 74% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium