US Embassies Solicit Millions from Corporations for July 4 Events
U.S. embassies and Freedom 250 seek millions in corporate donations to fund high-profile 250th anniversary events including a $100 million arch and exclusive donor perks.
- On Sunday, U.S. embassies and consulates solicited large donations, with Freedom 250 offering donors $1 million or more access to the president, the NYT reported.
- Freedom 250 was announced last December to organize America's 250th birthday celebrations, including a $100,000,000 marble arch, an IndyCar race, national prayer events, and a UFC card on the White House lawn.
- The embassy in Japan has reported about $35,000,000 in commitments, and at a Feb 5 dinner Anjani Sinha urged executives, saying `I need your money` while citing another mission's $37,000,000 haul.
- Former diplomats and commentators warned the appeals risk appearing as pay‑for‑access, with Ted Osius and executives alarmed, while the State Department said existing policies cover fundraising and donations.
- The embassy set a March 5 response deadline for Singapore businesses amid Freedom 250's competition with the bipartisan America250 commission, though Freedom 250 says it is not soliciting foreign funding.
13 Articles
13 Articles
Freedom 250 group offering access to Trump for donations, report says
Freedom 250, a public-private partnership that will help execute the celebrations, is soliciting donations and offering ‘bespoke packages’ to donors
Trump Allies Are Offering Personal Access to Him for $1M Donation to ‘Freedom 250’ Group: NYT
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon) A group that was formed to put Donald Trump’s personal stamp on America’s 250th birthday celebrations is promising access to the president for donors who give at least $1 million to the cause, The New York Times reported Sunday. Trump announced the creation of the “Freedom 250″ group last December with the goal of organizing “the most spectacular birthday party you’ve ever seen.” Plans so far include the construction of a…
Donors to USA Birthday Group Offered Access to Trump
“President Trump’s allies are offering access to him and other perks to donors who give at least $1 million to a new group supporting flashy initiatives he is planning around the nation’s 250th birthday,” the New York Times reports. “The group, Freedom 250, is threatening to overshadow years of plans meant to reach the broadest cross section of Americans for semiquincentennial celebrations. They are now taking on a Trumpian flare, replete with m…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium









