UK's Segro rejects Prologis' $18.2 billion sweetened takeover proposal
Prologis says its latest proposal adds up to £2.7 billion in cash and gives Segro shareholders a 34% premium.
- British warehouse developer Segro rejected a third takeover approach from Prologis worth £13.5 billion, prompting the San Francisco-based suitor to intensify its campaign to secure the FTSE 100 firm.
- Segro previously dismissed the initial approach, stating it "falls a long way short of Segro's own views on value" and was "opportunistically timed" after recent share price pressure.
- Prologis submitted a new cash-and-stock proposal worth £9.93 a share on Thursday, including a cash element of up to £2.7 billion representing a 34% uplift on the prior closing price.
- The firm urges shareholders to encourage the board to recommend the combination, stating they face a "clear choice" while evaluating a potential secondary listing in London.
- Under City takeover rules, Prologis has until 5pm on July 22 to make a firm bid or walk away, as the deadline pressures both parties to finalize their positions.
31 Articles
31 Articles
FTSE 100 Segro ‘minded to accept’ £14bn Prologis takeover
Segro has said it is “minded to accept” the £14bn takeover offer tabled by US real estate giant Prologis. The FTSE 100 property firm said on Wednesday evening that the terms of Prologis’s fourth bid are at a level it would be willing to recommend to its shareholders. Segro’s update came just five minutes before the deadline at which Prologis would have had to walk away from a deal. The two firms have now agreed to push back the cut-off point u…
Further Announcement Regarding a Possible Combination of SEGRO and Prologis
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN, INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT LAWS OR REGULATIONS OF THAT JURISDICTION.
Prologis reported that Segro rejected a third offer of improved acquisition, which evaluates the company in about 13.5 billion pounds. Exclusive material for subscribers. To have full access, access the link of the material and make your registration.
Segro rebuffs third approach from US bidder worth £13.5bn
Prologis said it put forward a new cash-and-stock proposal to buy FTSE 100 firm Segro on July 16 worth £9.93 a share.
Segro Rejects Fresh £13.5 Billion Cash and Share Prologis Offer
Prologis Inc. has increased its outline bid to buy Segro Plc to £13.5 billion ($18.2 billion) and offered a series of sweeteners as it seeks to tempt shareholders after the UK landlord’s board rejected the latest terms.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 84% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












