Trust Urges High Court to Halt Ballroom Project
The administration says the $400 million ballroom is 65% complete and delays could heighten security risks for the president and White House staff.
- On Wednesday, the Trump administration urged the Supreme Court to allow construction of the White House's 90,000-square-foot ballroom, warning that an injunction taking effect on Friday would create an "unacceptable risk."
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation sued to halt the project, arguing it lacks congressional approval, while U.S. District Judge Richard Leon previously restricted work to underground security components like bomb shelters.
- Construction is 65% complete with $355 million of the $400 million budget raised from private donors, according to project official Fisher, whose 250-person crew works 20 hours daily.
- The Justice Department claims the ballroom is a national security "imperative," warning that halting construction would become "irreversible" as crews install 1 million pounds of rebar and 3,000 cubic yards of concrete.
- Separately, the Kennedy Center board advanced plans last week to reinstate President Donald Trump's name on the building, defying a prior court ruling that labeled the original placement unlawful.
11 Articles
11 Articles
Trump declares even the Supreme Court can’t stop his ‘indestructible’ $400 million ballroom
Donald Trump is essentially telling the Supreme Court: Try and stop me. As the nation’s highest court prepares to decide whether construction of Trump’s $400 million White House ballroom can continue, the president is making a startling claim: the project is “impossible” to stop. According to a court filing, Trump has declared that not even the Supreme Court will be able to halt construction of his ballroom project because it is being built with…
Kennedy Center, White House Ballroom Plans Reveal Italy-Carved Columns and Plaza Named for Trump
Internewscast Journal Internewscast Washington — As President Trump continues to defend in court his sweeping… This Post: Kennedy Center, White House Ballroom Plans Reveal Italy-Carved Columns and Plaza Named for Trump first appeared on Internewscast Journal
New details of plans for the Kennedy Center and White House ballroom include columns carved in Italy, plaza named for Trump
The latest court filings in cases involving the Kennedy Center and the White House ballroom project detail the work being done at the two institutions.
Trump’s ballroom ‘illegal’ without congressional approval, high court told • Kentucky Lantern
A crane on the construction site of the planned White House ballroom, where the East Wing used to be, during the early morning of Thursday, June 11, 2026. (Photo by Ashley Murray/States Newsroom)WASHINGTON — Historic preservationists asked the U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday to deny President Donald Trump’s appeal to continue construction on his $400 million White House ballroom on the grounds of the demolished East Wing. In response to Trump’s appli…
Ballroom dispute now fully briefed
As we draw closer to the “long conference” on Sept. 28, our petitions page is filling up with notable petitions for review that are scheduled to be discussed. As Amy reported last year, over the past decade, the justices have granted between five and 15 petitions from this conference.At the CourtOn Friday, the Trump administration urged the Supreme Court to pause a lower-court ruling that would halt construction of a new White House ballroom. Th…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












