Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled

Trump said no U.S.-Iran talks are scheduled as a 60-day negotiating window ended and a ship was struck near the Strait of Hormuz, officials said.

  • On Tuesday, President Donald Trump declared peace talks with Iran "dead" and insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains "open and operating," after a 60-day negotiating period ended this week without agreement.
  • Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf retorted that the waterway will remain closed until the United States fulfills commitments including lifting the naval blockade, releasing frozen assets, and ending oil sanctions.
  • An unidentified projectile damaged a ship's engine room off the coast of Oman early Tuesday, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations agency reported, resulting in a crew casualty.
  • Iran is finalizing a separate agreement with Oman to manage traffic through the strait, explicitly excluding the United States as regional actors seek to bypass Washington amid failed diplomacy.
  • Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan signed a joint defense agreement earlier this month stipulating that any armed attack against one state shall be regarded as an attack against all, complicating Middle East security dynamics.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

292 Articles

Center

The conflict in the Middle East began on February 28, 2026 with a joint attack by the United States and Israel against Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran responded by closing the Strait of Hormuz, firing the price of crude oil and leaving about 2,000 ships stranded. After 39 days of hostilities, a ceasefire came into effect on April 8, mediated by Pakistan. Despite the truce, naval clashes in the Strait have not stopped on either side and instabil…

·Barcelona, Spain
Read Full Article
Sydney Morning HeraldSydney Morning Herald
+3 Reposted by 3 other sources
Lean Left

Trump says no planned US-Iran talks

US President Donald Trump has said there are no planned talks with Iran, and insists the Strait of Hormuz is open.

·North Sydney, Australia
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 37% of the sources lean Right
37% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

epochtimes.de broke the news on Monday, August 17, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal