Controversial Attorney Ed Martin Leaving Justice Department
Martin is leaving the Justice Department after failed Senate confirmation and internal clashes, while Trump says he will fight legal battles for the midterm elections.
- On Friday, President Donald Trump announced that Ed Martin will leave the Justice Department to focus on legal battles for the upcoming Midterm Election and 2028 presidential race.
- Martin's 2025 nomination for permanent United States Attorney collapsed after the Republican-controlled Senate opposed his advocacy for Jan. 6 Capitol rioters, forcing Trump to place him in DOJ roles requiring no Senate confirmation.
- While leading the Weaponization Working Group, Martin faced an ethics complaint from the Office of Disciplinary Counsel after threatening Georgetown University Law Center and frequently announcing investigations on social media in violation of Justice Department rules.
- Attorney General Todd Blanche previously told Martin "I am frustrated" over public disclosures, yet the two have reconciled; Blanche recently assigned him to promote a new firearm rights restoration initiative.
- The Justice Department has filed a statement of interest supporting Martin in his ongoing ethics case, while Trump stated Martin will "strongly advance our Constitutional Rights" in future legal battles.
17 Articles
17 Articles
Trump loyalist Ed Martin is leaving the Justice Department to focus on election ‘legal battles’
Ed Martin, a loyal White House ally who held multiple Justice Department posts despite unconventional tactics that sometimes rankled his superiors, is leaving President Donald Trump’s administration.
Trump loyalist Ed Martin is leaving the Justice Department to focus on election 'legal battles'
Ed Martin, a loyal White House ally who held multiple Justice Department posts despite unconventional tactics that sometimes rankled his superiors, is leaving President Donald Trump’s administration.
Trump says Ed Martin is leaving the Justice Department to focus on ‘legal battles’ in upcoming elections
Trump loyalist Ed Martin, a “Stop the Steal” organizer and advocate and attorney for Jan. 6 defendants who later served in the Justice Department, is leaving the administration to focus on upcoming elections
Controversial attorney Ed Martin leaving Justice Department
The head of the Justice Department’s Weaponization Working Group, Ed Martin, is leaving the department, capping a chaotic tenure in the Trump administration. Martin, who also served as the U.S. pardon attorney, has been at the center of a string of controversies since the earliest days of joining the administration, including failing to advance as a nominee…
JUST IN: President Trump Announces Ed Martin Is Leaving DOJ for a New Mission – 100PercentFedUp.com – by Jack
President Trump just gave Ed Martin his next mission, and this one will take place outside the Justice Department. Martin is leaving the administration, but he is not leaving the fight. The President said Martin will move into election-related legal work ahead of the 2026 midterms and the 2028 presidential election. Nick Sortor shared the announcement and the President’s full message: JUST IN: President Trump announces Ed Martin will be LEAVING…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




















