Trump defends White House ballroom during impromptu construction site tour
Trump said the 90,000-square-foot ballroom will be privately funded and described underground security features as Congress weighs $1 billion for upgrades.
- President Donald Trump defended the size and cost of the planned White House ballroom, arguing the project would improve security and serve future administrations.
- Trump showcased the ballroom construction site to reporters as lawmakers and preservation groups continued to question the project’s funding and impact on the White House grounds.
- The proposed White House ballroom has faced political, legal and public scrutiny, while Trump has described it as a long-term investment and “gift” for the country.
133 Articles
133 Articles
Builder-in-chief: Trump revels in White House ballroom construction
President Donald Trump offered an impromptu tour of the $400 million ballroom project at the White House on May 19, speaking over the din of construction with a massive dug up site behind him, just days after a Senate official thwarted a Republican effort to fast-track a $1 billion proposed Secret Service line item for security enhancements related to the project. It was the ultimate backdrop for a president who sees himself as builder-in-chief …
‘Don’t Look at My Waist’: Trump’s Ballroom Showcase Unravels as Chaos Breaks Out Around Him — Cameras Catch Him Desperately Trying to Hide His Stomach
Donald Trump loves the sound of construction at the White House, but praise is what he really wants to hear. Work on the president’s $400 million ballroom is well underway, but only on the underground section. Trump humiliates himself by drawing attention to his altered appearance during a press event (Photo by Kent NISHIMURA / AFP via Getty Images) Trump eagerly showed off the bunker framework during an orchestrated tour of the construction on…
Trump declares $400m White House ballroom ‘My gift to the US’
US president Donald Trump showcased the construction site of the $400m White House ballroom to the media on Tuesday (19 May). While talking to the reporters he revealed his “gift to the US” as the ballroom continues to attract criticism over the cost. “My term ends shortly after that. This is really for other presidents. This is not for me. This is my gift to the United States of America,” he said. Recalling the WHCD shooting last month, Trump b…
While Donald Trump's planned ballroom and its construction stop at the White House continue to determine the headlines, the US President has long since conjured up the next construction plan for a new project.
Trump Unveils Expanded Security Details for New White House Ballroom Project
U.S. President Donald Trump has revealed new and previously undisclosed details about a planned bunker-like White House ballroom complex, describing an extensive underground structure, advanced security features, and military-style facilities as part of what he says is a major upgrade to the presidential residence.
Donald Trump Says White House Ballroom Is a 'Gift to USA'
Photo Credit: Chip Somodevilla/Staff / Getty Images Donald Trump has defended his White House ballroom project by calling it a gift to the USA. The president gave a tour of the construction site to reporters on May 19. This comes as the project faces resistance in Congress over a billion-dollar funding request. Donald Trump talks about the ballroom with ongoing construction The president led reporters onto a platform overlooking the East Wing si…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium







































