Trump administration cancels $679 million for offshore wind projects
The Trump administration redirected $679 million from 12 offshore wind projects to maritime infrastructure, citing wastefulness and prioritizing shipbuilding and traditional energy sources.
- On Friday, the U.S. Transportation Department canceled $679 million in federal funding for a dozen offshore wind projects, and construction on the nearly complete Revolution Wind farm was halted last week at 80% completion.
- The Interior Department said a review of Revolution Wind cited national security concerns, while the administration prioritized shipbuilding and traditional fuels under the April 9 executive order to 'restore maritime dominance.'
- Funding for projects in 11 states was rescinded, including $48 million for Arthur Kill Terminal, $10.5 million for Bridgeport Port Authority, and $426.7 million for Humboldt Bay Offshore Wind.
- Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey warned canceling the Salem grant will cost 800 workers their jobs, Orsted is assessing financial harm and may pursue legal action after shares fell Monday to a record low.
- Industry projections show the offshore sector could invest $65 billion by 2030, with 73,000 megawatts under development powering over 30 million homes and supporting 56,000 jobs, the American Clean Power Association says.
80 Articles
80 Articles
Trump Intensifies Offensive Against Wind Energy and Cancels $679 Million in Projects · Global Voices
The Trump Administration re-charged the offshore wind industry by announcing the cancellation of $679 million in federal funds for 12 projects in various states.Read more]]>
Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy withdraws $679M in funding for ‘doomed’ offshore wind projects – including three in NY, NJ and CT
Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy announced Friday that $679 million in federal funding for 12 “doomed” offshore wind projects – including three in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut – has been withdrawn.
Trump Admin Ends $679 Million for 'Doomed' Offshore Wind Projects
The Trump administration has ended $679 million in funding for 12 "doomed" offshore wind projects that Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Sean Duffy deemed a "wasteful" use of agency dollars. The post Trump Admin Ends $679 Million for ‘Doomed’ Offshore Wind Projects appeared first on Breitbart.
This decision aims to undermine a sector that was at the heart of the climate and energy agenda of former democratic president Joe Biden.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 65% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium