San Diego mosque shooters met online and left writings expressing hate, FBI says
Investigators recovered 30 guns and a crossbow as they probe whether the teens planned broader attacks, officials said.
- The FBI confirmed that the two teenage suspects behind the deadly attack at the Islamic Center of San Diego first met online, where they bonded over shared "broad hatred" toward various religions and races.
- Investigators uncovered suicide notes and personal writings detailing racial pride and anti-Muslim rhetoric, while also finding hate speech scrawled directly onto one of the firearms used in the assault.
- The shooting at San Diego County’s largest mosque claimed the lives of three community members—Amin Abdullah, Mansour Kaziha, and Nader Awad—with officials noting that the heroic actions of Abdullah, a long-serving security guard, minimized the threat and saved countless lives.
- The attackers, identified as a 17-year-old and an 18-year-old who had heavily armed themselves with weapons taken from a parent's home, died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds inside a getaway vehicle a few blocks from the scene.
- Local media had previously reported the suspects' names and writings contents, raising questions about investigative confidentiality, while police converged on Monday night on a property believed connected to one suspect.
145 Articles
145 Articles
San Diego attackers’ hate manifesto targeted many groups, sought ‘destruction of political system,’ sources say
The gunman who killed three people at the San Diego Islamic Center left behind a 75-page document that preached hate, anti-Islam and antisemitism and promoted violence and chaos, law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation told the Los Angeles Times.
Teen Mosque Attackers Praised Hitler, Called For ‘Race War’ In Twisted Manifesto - Real News Now
The teenage suspects behind the deadly shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego reportedly authored a disturbing manifesto praising Adolf Hitler, glorifying mass killers, and calling for an “all-out race war” before carrying out their attack. Authorities identified the suspects as Cain Clark, 17, and Caleb Vazquez, 18, who police say targeted the San Diego mosque during a violent rampage that left three adults dead, including a security guard…
San Diego mosque shooting manifesto cites hatred for religion
The two suspects in a shooting at a mosque in San Diego who killed three people praised other religious-inspired shootings in an alleged manifesto, as well as spewing hatred toward Jews, Islam, and women. Cain Clark, 17, and Caleb Vazquez, 18, are reportedly the two suspects who charged into the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday and opened fire, killing a security guard and two other members of the mosque. The incident has been labeled as a…
FBI says mosque shooting suspects drew inspiration from mass killers
More information has become available about the two teenagers accused of carrying out Monday’s deadly attack at a San Diego mosque, which left three people dead. Investigators said the two — identified as 17-year-old Cain Clark and 18-year-old Caleb Vazquez — met online, where authorities said they self-radicalized. Mark Remily, the lead FBI agent in San Diego, said the two "didn't discriminate on who they hated." The Associated Press reports th…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 39% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

































