Pharmaceutical industry criticizes the drug pricing plan Trump says he’ll sign
- On Monday, President Donald Trump issued an executive order intended to reduce the prices of certain drugs covered by Medicare through a "most favored nation" pricing strategy.
- Trump previously tried this policy during his first term, aiming to tie U.S. Medicare drug prices to the lowest prices paid internationally, but a court blocked that attempt.
- The order focuses on medications administered during doctor's visits that are covered under Medicare, such as costly cancer treatments and injectable drugs, potentially saving the government billions, though most individuals are unlikely to experience lower prices.
- Pharmaceutical industry leaders like PhRMA CEO Stephen J. Ubl criticized the policy as a 'bad deal' that risks billions in domestic research investment and increases U.S. reliance on foreign innovation.
- The policy renews debate over high U.S. drug prices, signaling possible federal efforts to contain costs amid ongoing political and legal challenges.
86 Articles
86 Articles
Breitbart Business Digest: Trump's MFN Drug Price Plan and the Trade War in Pharma Lab Coats
For decades, American consumers have been paying the world’s highest drug prices—not because we use more medicine, or demand higher quality, but because our government chose not to negotiate. The post Breitbart Business Digest: Trump’s MFN Drug Price Plan and the Trade War in Pharma Lab Coats appeared first on Breitbart.
Trump's package of measures to reduce drug prices puts considerable pressure on European pharmaceutical manufacturers, but their response is clearly different.
The health sector seems to be sailing in turbulent waters lately. Since the beginning of the year, it has been a key objective of the Trump administration due to various changes in policy, and the winds against it have not stopped. One of the most controversial points was the initiative to reduce drug prices in the US to align them with international prices, which has frustrated the executives of the big pharmaceutical companies. These executive…
Trump drug price plan could nix investment, warns Roche
President Donald Trump's plans to dramatically slash drug prices for Americans could make Swiss pharmaceutical giant Roche cancel major investments in the United States, it said Wednesday.
Roche says Trump's drug price order threatens its $50 billion US investment plans
LONDON (Reuters) -U.S. President Donald Trump's executive order on drug pricing threatens Roche's planned $50 billion investment in the United States, the company said on Wednesday.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





























