Nigeria and U.S. forces kill over 20 Islamic State group militants in new offensive
The operation followed intelligence on a militant gathering and caused no injuries to U.S. or Nigerian personnel, AFRICOM said.
- On Sunday, Africa Command and The Nigerian military conducted airstrikes in Metele, Borno State, killing over 20 ISWAP militants targeting an Islamic State operational base in northeastern Nigeria.
- The operation followed the weekend killing of Abu Bakr, deputy leader of the group's local West African "province," marking a new development in military cooperation.
- Presidents Trump and Tinubu praised the joint military efforts as a turning point, while analysts note cooperation has advanced from an advisory role to active involvement.
- Nigerian military spokesperson Samaila Uba said efforts "in close coordination" with Africa Command were ongoing to disrupt terrorist networks, with no Nigerian forces harmed near borders with Niger and Chad.
- Earlier this month, Amnesty International accused the military of killing 100 civilians at a market, following a diplomatic row last year when officials asserted a "Christian genocide" was occurring in Nigeria.
54 Articles
54 Articles
The US and Nigeria have flown new air strikes against the terrorist group ISIS in the north-east of the African country.
U.S. Forces Eliminate More ISIS Terrorists in Africa Days After Taking Out Global Commander
Just days after American and Nigerian forces killed the second most powerful leader of the Islamic State worldwide, the two nations launched another successful strike against the terror group’s fighters in West Africa. U.S. Africa Command confirmed Sunday’s precision strikes eliminated several ISIS militants, continuing a devastating week for the terrorist organization’s operations on the continent. No American or Nigerian forces were harmed in …
US Launches More Airstrikes in Northeastern Nigeria
The US has claimed more airstrikes in Nigeria as the Trump administration continues to escalate US military involvement in the country. US Africa Command said in a press release that it conducted "additional kinetic strikes against ISIS in Northeastern Nigeria" on May 17, a day after the US and Nigeria…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























